Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM

83 posts, read 163,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
What the hell is with these incredibly racist agendas? If you want to feel part of a white-only agenda DON'T move to almost any of the cities you posted, not only because they are liberal but because they are rapidly diversifying. Instead, choose rural America or black/white cities where the KKK and Neo Nazis prevail.
I bet you wouldn't say anything like this about a thread like 'the best cities for african americans' because clearly , a lot of people like you who play the race card are biased. and there wasn't a 'white only' agenda described.

Because you're assuming I should live out in the sticks over a thread which is pretty neutral and fair, my guess is that a city like Detroit would be the best fit for you. You and Al Sharpton would probably get along well, with his "I only care about black people" attitude.

Last edited by Dale the male; 01-01-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
If the OP has sense, he's learned his lesson and this will be his last post under this account.

Happy new year all!
Oh, Did I offend you?

This basically was written in response to people who start threads like 'the best cities for african americans'.

People like you (and another person I responded to on this thread) seem to be in favor of black identity but are opposed to white identity.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
This basically was written in response to people who start threads like 'the best cities for african americans'.
As I suspected, a troll thread.

Bye bye . . .

Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 PM

10 posts, read 11,490 times
Quote:
Oh, Did I offend you?

People like you (and another person I responded to on this thread) seem to be in favor of black identity but are opposed to white identity.
Definitely agree with Dale in this thread. European American is a politically correct term, no racist agenda going on here either. If the Western seaboard thread can be created respond to the Eastern seaboard thread then there should be no problem here either.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Whites account for over 60% of America's population; this question is dumb. Blacks only make up like 12%. Big difference.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Whites account for over 60% of America's population; this question is dumb. Blacks only make up like 12%. Big difference.
I thought about what you said before making this post and it is a good point.

But its not dumb in part because in this entire world, white people are a minority just like any other race is.

also, white people in america have feelings, needs, likes, and desires just like everyone else does. Often times we have much in common with people of other races, nationalities, creeds, or whatever but there are some generalizations that can be made.

( such as , black people liking rap / hip hop more so than white people , white people liking classic rock more so than other races etc )

Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
As I suspected, a troll thread.

Bye bye . . .
Although the point of this thread was to challenge people's thinking since I see a common double standard going on, its not a 'troll' thread because my intentions are not of ill will.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Since a new year has just started this should be relatively easy to reflect upon.

Here is my pick (not in any order)

San Francisco
Minneapolis
Portland
Seattle
Denver
Boston
Austin

I chose these places because relatively low levels of crime tend to be on the higher list of priorities for white people, and the same is true for education, art, foodies, and possibly winter sports like skiing.

non whites care about those same things of course, and I did use the very broad term of 'art' - but in this context I mean cinema, art museums, and other venues you associate with 'the arts.'

However this list better suits liberal caucasian people. The list of best cities for conservative white people would look completely different. on average , conservatives don't prefer cities as much as liberals.

Preferred Urban Counties for Conservatives (Republicans are much whiter than democrats)

Orange County
Houston area
Tampa Bay
Atlanta region
possibly Ohio metros?
Phoenix area
You haven't completed your list. Where should Libertarians live?

Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You haven't completed your list. Where should Libertarians live?
It seems like cities and libertarians don't go hand in hand.

according to the list found here
How Free Is Your State? The Nation's Most Libertarian States | LegalZoom

NH

CO

SD

ID

TX

And the Lowest Ranked?

50. New York
49. New Jersey
48. Rhode Island
47. California
46. Maryland

Since the thread is about white people , the libertarian party seems to be whiter than average.
Are there poor Libertarians? - Quora

But I am impressed that the #1 state for libertarianism is in New England.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
But its not dumb in part because in this entire world, white people are a minority just like any other race is.
But isn't this thread about the best American cities for European Americans?

So yeah, dumb.

The answer to this question is: blindfold yourself and throw a dart towards a map. Whatever city you hit qualifies.

Even in a majority Black city like Detroit, you've got some of the most affluent majority-White suburbs in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.