Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM

83 posts, read 163,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
True, but the Detroit area still has plenty of middle class and even working class mostly White suburbs(i.e.-Downriver). Some still have a strong ethnic flavor to them as well.
interestingly , Detroit is one of the most segregated metro areas in the USA. however, in recent years it has been integrating quite fast - black residents from Detroit have more than doubled in the suburbs since 2000.

usually , rapidly integrating metro areas are ones in which the overall population is growing fast. But the Detroit area clearly isn't growing fast at all.

I've also read that crime has gone up a lot in the Detroit suburbs - apartment managers should take responsibility and screen applicants better.

Whenever you notice an influx of shady people moving into an apartment building you live in , or if a building near you has this going on, remember that you can write to management about it. Explain that you'll move out if they don't screen people better - if numerous people in the building do this, that should get their attention.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,532,687 times
I'm so tired of all of this.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM

83 posts, read 163,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
I personally won't stop bringing up these kinds of things until liberals stop with the double standards - "Its good to be proud of being black or any other non-white race, but very racist to be proud of being white." I'm not even trying to make a case for white pride , I'm about destroying this persistent , politically correct nonsense which many liberals blindly adhere to.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM

92,060 posts, read 122,237,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
I personally won't stop bringing up these kinds of things until liberals stop with the double standards - "Its good to be proud of being black or any other non-white race, but very racist to be proud of being white." I'm not even trying to make a case for white pride , I'm about destroying this persistent , politically correct nonsense which many liberals blindly adhere to.
I think the problem is that race has always been a double standard and guess in favor of who? That can't be disputed. Also, such threads aren't about pride, but just illustrates the social and demographic realities in regards to living in the this country.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 PM

963 posts, read 2,399,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
This entire thread is a Randy Newman song from 1972.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.