Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:58 PM

896 posts, read 1,162,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Yes, there was a way... the Triads were far more organized than their counterparts down south at the time and they had created a network that spanned the entire US along with Canada. SF was the main US hub of chinese heroin, obviously not for Mexican heroin. In the original post you responded to, I made it clear I was talking about "china white".
No it wasn't and never was, read the third paragraph
DEA Briefs & Background, Drugs and Drug Abuse, Drug Descriptions, Drug Trafficking in the United States (http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/drug_trafficking.html - broken link)

also there's no such thing as Mexican heroin LOL, Mexico is the distrubing point for drugs coming in to the U.S. though marijuana is produced there drugs like cocaine and heroin come from South America up through Mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM

Actually I was wrong on the 2nd part of my post I guess Mexico does produce heroin
Illicit drugs statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Old 01-21-2012, 03:24 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
No it wasn't and never was, read the third paragraph
DEA Briefs & Background, Drugs and Drug Abuse, Drug Descriptions, Drug Trafficking in the United States (http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/drug_trafficking.html - broken link)

also there's no such thing as Mexican heroin LOL, Mexico is the distrubing point for drugs coming in to the U.S. though marijuana is produced there drugs like cocaine and heroin come from South America up through Mexico

It's pretty obvious from your posts you don't know much about Chinese organized crime in the US. I'd advise reading up on it before making the kind of blanket statements you are.

An Old Nemesis Keeps Scarring San Francisco - New York Times

Quote:
Heroin was supposed to be over, yesterday's drug. But almost 20 years after AIDS made injecting it deadlier than it had ever been, it is as common in some neighborhoods here as Starbucks. A draw for drug experimenters since the heyday of Haight-Ashbury, the city remains a place where ''old'' heroin addicts -- those who have been using the narcotic for 20 or 25 years -- feed their habit. But more and more young people as well are using it.

And not just here. Hospitals and treatment centers in other large cities, especially in the West, are seeing record numbers of heroin cases. Chicago officials attribute a surge in life-threatening cases of asthma to increased use of heroin among the young. And while H.I.V. and AIDS are down among users, needles used to inject heroin are responsible for an increase in hepatitis C, which can cause liver failure. In fact, hepatitis C is growing across the United States and in Vancouver, British Columbia, a major trafficking point for a drug pipeline that extends from Canada to California.

Vancouver is where most of the Chinese heroin entered North America, but it didn't reach the states until it hit San Francisco and to a much lesser extent Seattle. Had Peter Chong succeeded at uniting all triads across the country, the pipeline would have covered the entire country.

Why you repeatedly contradict what's been documented repeatedly is beyond me.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
It's pretty obvious from your posts you don't know much about Chinese organized crime in the US. I'd advise reading up on it before making the kind of blanket statements you are.

An Old Nemesis Keeps Scarring San Francisco - New York Times

Vancouver is where most of the Chinese heroin entered North America, but it didn't reach the states until it hit San Francisco and to a much lesser extent Seattle. Had Peter Chong succeeded at uniting all triads across the country, the pipeline would have covered the entire country.

Why you repeatedly contradict what's been documented repeatedly is beyond me.
I read the article and again there's nothing proving your original statement, you keep putting up data that shows SF has a drug problem but nothing in the realm of it being a heroin distribution center.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I read the article and again there's nothing proving your original statement, you keep putting up data that shows SF has a drug problem but nothing in the realm of it being a heroin distribution center.

I posted that article to show the existence of the heroin pipeline from Vancouver to SF. Peter Chong had extended the pipeline from SF to NYC and was about to extend it from NYC to the rest of the east coast but he was ultimately stopped before he could do it.

Here's a video on the relationship between SF Chinatown boss Raymond Chow and Peter Chong:

San Francisco was not where the heroin entered the continent, no, but it was where it entered the US. Had Chong succeeded, it would have gone from Vancouver to SF to the rest of the US. Currently, triads in NYC get heroin directly from Vancouver.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I posted that article to show the existence of the heroin pipeline from Vancouver to SF. Peter Chong had extended the pipeline from SF to NYC and was about to extend it from NYC to the rest of the east coast but he was ultimately stopped before he could do it.

Here's a video on the relationship between SF Chinatown boss Raymond Chow and Peter Chong:

San Francisco was not where the heroin entered the continent, no, but it was where it entered the US. Had Chong succeeded, it would have gone from Vancouver to SF to the rest of the US. Currently, triads in NYC get heroin directly from Vancouver.
Thats like saying had McCain won the presidency he would of _______ , there are many organized crime syndicates that try rising to the top but because of bad luck, lack of resources most don't make it just like Chong, so your statement that SF was a major heroin distributing hub remains unproven.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Thats like saying had McCain won the presidency he would of _______ , there are many organized crime syndicates that try rising to the top but because of bad luck, lack of resources most don't make it just like Chong, so your statement that SF was a major heroin distributing hub remains unproven.

There's plenty of research on the topic that corroborates exactly what I said, if you're too lazy to do the research yourself that's not my problem.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 AM

11,054 posts, read 16,753,813 times
Anyways... yeah. Chinatown.

It's kind of ghetto...

Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,596,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
All urban Chinatowns started out as ghettos. There were tong wars and gang battles in the San Francisco and New York Chinatown areas since the 19th Century until well into the 1980s. Now days more Chinese have just moved out to more middle class or suburban areas and the remaining Chinatowns in the country are mostly shopping or tourist districts except for a few examples(SF and NY mostly)--which aren't as dangerous as they used to be.
In the trueist sense of the word. Ghettos were where Jews were forced to live and Chinatowns were where Chinese were forced to live. Neither were allowed to buy outside the Ghetto.

The modern definition of a crime ridden slum can apply, I recall thousands of Cambodians being dumped in a tough part of West Philly where it promptly became crime ridden slum. I've noticed the willingness of asians to pick up and move out of a crime ridden area en masse.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 PM

10,399 posts, read 15,488,034 times
Quote:
I wonder if there are any ghetto/crime ridden/dangerous all white neighborhoods?
Yes there's were hundreds of them during the 1700's and 1800's and earily 1900's.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.