U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,070 posts, read 3,649,647 times

Advertisements

i currently live in the suburbs now and it is as boring as it gets. i'm in my 20s and most people are are the married, with kids type. lots of older people.

i've always wanted to live in a big city. right now i'm an hour outside of philly, but i hate philly. i also hate cold weather. im an outdoor type, but since i hate the cold im couped up for half the year. i was thinking about moving to someplace like LA or Miami. big, warm, things to do, fun, beaches...all that good stuff. i want to be somewhere with a lot to do and see.

the only thing thats held me back is my family is very close knit and i have good friends here. although my friends have started to bore me a lot lately and i feel like im stagnating here. has anyone ever been in a situation like this and it hit really hard after moving? i know my family would be really upset if i moved but i feel like its something i need to do.

right now im saving up money if i decide to move. i want at least 15 months living expenses banked. its hard to find jobs around here so if i move and then have to find work id imagine it might take awhile. i could probably have that before next winter (woohoo!)

guess im just looking for general advice mostly. i've lived in this area my whole life (aside from college, which was great!) so its a big decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,020,104 times
The biggest problem I had when moving across the country was looking at photo albums my family onthr east coast kept, and how many cool "little" events I missed.

That being said, the move from NY to Southern California was very easy, easily made new friends, found a great job and have no regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.