U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM

31 posts, read 56,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbell35 View Post
#1 - New York City
#2 - Miami
#3 - Washington, D.C.
#4 - Los Angeles
#5 - Boston
#6 - Dallas
#7 - Atlanta
#8 - Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz.
#9 - Baltimore
#10 - Orlando

#1 - New York City - America's Rudest Cities: Travel & Leisure ranks D.C. #3, Baltimore #9 - Pictures | WJLA.com

Honestly thought Boston would be higher. Really...Miami and Washington DC?
Just out of the cities I have been to on the list, I would totally agree with Miami being #2 on the list. The locals in Miami are total a-holes. I think they just assume everyone is a tourist and treat everyone the same way. I was down there for about 2 months and had multiple unpleasant run ins with locals while driving, or just simply shopping. The cubans,puerto ricans, and all the New York transplants are the worst. I had a run in with a cuban store owner who decided to stare at me for whatever reason the whole time I was in the store, I stared back and he followed me out of the store cursing at me. Driving on the freeways down there is like unknowingly participating in a demolition derby. You will get yelled at flicked off and not even know what you have done, it is quite the experience...L.A wasnt that bad. The people are very short, but who can blame them the place is nuts you have no idea who you can trust. The road rage was very bad, but again who can blame them it is the worst traffic in the world..Atlanta I wouldnt say the people are rude in general. Some of their more ghetto residents can be downright scary,but other then that I found their normal locals to be quite friendly. I was almost robbed there while standing outside my hotel smoking, but other then that I liked the people of Atlanta...The people in Orlando were d**ks. They were like a dumbed down version of the people in Miami. But I also met some locals from a friend of mine that were very friendly. But in general I left thinking the people in Orlando were not very friendly...I would say for a big city that I have actually been to multiple times Chicago has the most friendly residents by far. Im hoping the people in Seattle are alot like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,447,065 times
Some of you need thicker skin. This list is so ridiculous. I meet nice people wherever I go. This whole notion of southern hospitality is a phallusy, if you go into a place expecting something you will find it. It works both ways, transplants have little to do with people's attitudes

Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,512,102 times
Philly gets a bad rap. I've never encountered rudeness there and I've been there thousands of times.

I can see why New York is on the list, but in my experience the people from New York who are usually rude are people who either A.) Don't live there anymore and expect people to be sooo impressed that they are from New York, even though they left the city 10+ years ago, or B.) don't actually live in NYC, but live on LI. These are just the people I have met and known. YMMV.

Last edited by MatildaLoo; 08-25-2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Some of you need thicker skin. This list is so ridiculous. I meet nice people wherever I go. This whole notion of southern hospitality is a phallusy, if you go into a place expecting something you will find it. It works both ways, transplants have little to do with people's attitudes

LOL please tell me that was on purpose.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM

Lol fallacy I need to proof read

I don't know how that didn't get auto-corrected? I'm on my iPad. Is that even a word with the y?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Sure. "The Washington Monument looks rather phallusy." Lol

I gess technically the word would be phallic though.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:16 AM

freudian slip, perhaps

Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,175,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbell35 View Post
#1 - New York City
#2 - Miami
#3 - Washington, D.C.
#4 - Los Angeles
#5 - Boston
#6 - Dallas
#7 - Atlanta
#8 - Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz.
#9 - Baltimore
#10 - Orlando

#1 - New York City - America's Rudest Cities: Travel & Leisure ranks D.C. #3, Baltimore #9 - Pictures | WJLA.com

Honestly thought Boston would be higher. Really...Miami and Washington DC?
I'm so ****in' tired of those New Yorkers beating us at everything. C'mon Bostonians, let's out rude those loud mouths!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:23 PM

345 posts, read 481,401 times
I was boarding a bus on Amsterdam Ave in NYC, while others were boarding as well... I was attempting to ask the driver a question but he brushed me off because he was busy at the moment. I was trying to figure out how much the subways were so I annoyingly started to ask him again. Receiving the "don't you see I'm busy" reply, I didn't really find it rude, I actually enjoyed being treated like I was a NYer, afterall in reality I was the rude one for not being patient. Overall NYers are great people, just more stressed than is usual.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
BCB

1,006 posts, read 1,351,793 times
Definitely Dallas. Some of the most stuck-up people on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.