U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
 
43 posts, read 73,330 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

With mass-media and radical feminism in our society over the past several decades, modern society has been causing women to become more masculine over time. So, I ask, which state do you think has the most feminine women?

 
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,854,012 times
Reputation: 2440
Georgia (except Atlanta), South Carolina, and Tennessee.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM
 
43 posts, read 73,330 times
Reputation: 35
Maybe Texas too?


Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Georgia (except Atlanta), South Carolina, and Tennessee.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,854,012 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood2011 View Post
Maybe Texas too?
I would say half the women in Texas act macho and misandric. I know. I have an aunt in Houston that routinely talks bad about men. And my cousin had bad experiences with women in TX.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
 
Location: CT
1,215 posts, read 2,155,201 times
Reputation: 2008
It's just a feeling but I'd say somewhere between the Midwest and the South if you know what I mean, IL, IN, KY, TN, AR, MO. Honestly the misandry in New England does seem to run kind of high, especially in the college setting where I am.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,854,012 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
It's just a feeling but I'd say somewhere between the Midwest and the South if you know what I mean, IL, IN, KY, TN, AR, MO. Honestly the misandry in New England does seem to run kind of high, especially in the college setting where I am.
Misandry is definitely high here in California.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
10,789 posts, read 9,425,561 times
Reputation: 6148
Most of the Deep South states and parts of the Midwest I would guess.

Here in Austin I wouldn't qualify most of the women as feminine. They are way too fit and aggressive for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I like a lady that takes care of her body, but is it too much to ask ladies to wear a dress every now and then instead of sweats? I do like the summer sports bra and workout shorts look though and I guess fit women are more attractive than obese women which are common in a lot of non-active cities.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,151 posts, read 19,763,005 times
Reputation: 8803
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I would say half the women in Texas act macho and misandric. I know. I have an aunt in Houston that routinely talks bad about men. And my cousin had bad experiences with women in TX.
Women have been doing that since they were able to talk...
 
Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,802,907 times
Reputation: 4853
Texas girls are feminine (seemingly, a bit less so than other southern states), but not overly so. They know how to act, talk, and dress ladylike when the situation calls for it, but they like to run with guys as well. We even roughhoused with the girls in my family, when I was growing up.
 
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
1,168 posts, read 2,534,823 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood2011 View Post
With mass-media and radical feminism in our society over the past several decades, modern society has been causing women to become more masculine over time. So, I ask, which state do you think has the most feminine women?
I don't think women are becoming more masculine, I think they are just becoming more independent and broadening the definitions of gender roles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top