U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM

1,944 posts, read 2,593,971 times

Advertisements

What city in the US do you think has the most annoying and/or corrupt cop system?

I posted a similar thread like this in the Indiana forum, but the people there are obnoxious and closed it. So I decided to move it over here. What do you guys think ?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:10 PM

23 posts, read 173,241 times
IMHO, Broward County, FL. The largest city in Broward is Ft Lauderdale. The po-po in most of Broward are straight-up trash. They racially-profile African American males to the max....and they also harass the homeless like it's their god-given right.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM

3,745 posts, read 3,355,134 times
I started a thread about this exact topic months ago. Check it out and you'll get the answers you are looking for. The cities with the most corrupt police forces to me are New Orleans, Chicago, and New York.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM

1,059 posts, read 895,542 times
I believe the honor now goes to New Orleans. They've had problems with massive corruption, Katrina just brought it out into the open.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:17 PM

3,745 posts, read 3,355,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
I believe the honor now goes to New Orleans. They've had problems with massive corruption, Katrina just brought it out into the open.
Are you kidding me? there were clear signs something was wrong in the police force 12 years before Katrina. Over a decade before Katrina, 50% of New Orleans police officers were working with drug dealers. It really exploded out of control when one of these bad cops crossed the line with a civilian woman, a single mother named Kim Groves. He either roughed her up or did something that bothered her, and when she went to report him to his superiors, three other cops helped this cop by shooting her in the head at point blank range, sadly for him he was heard cheering about it on tape after it happened. And it took a murder which left several children without a parent for the police chief and F.B.I. to finally admit there was a problem in the police force. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "f***ing duh!!! What did you think they were helping the drug dealers sell, cotton candy?" By the time the F.B.I. put all the bad cops away, they essentially were left with a brand new police force and police chief. New Orleans had severe problems with its cops far before Katrina ever came along and said, "Oh I'm gonna make things worse."

Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 PM

15,109 posts, read 17,619,376 times
New Orleans and Baltimore get my votes. NO with Katrina you know. And Bodymorgue, murderland cops with its 200+ murder a yr count still have time to harass people over parking their car in a spot for 5 min according to my DC homies.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,044 times
New Orleans has the worst Cops without a doubt. protection for drug dealers, killing other cops in robberies ( [url=http://blog.nola.com/topnews/2007/05/death_penalty_upheld_for_no_ex.html]Death penalty upheld for N.O. ex-cop - Top News - NOLA.com[/url] ), lying on the stand ( [url=http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/new_orleans_police_officer_cha_1.html]New Orleans cop charged with perjury in drug case - NOLA.com[/url] ) and just harrassing people in general.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 21,481,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
What city in the US do you think has the most annoying and/or corrupt cop system?

I posted a similar thread like this in the Indiana forum, but the people there are obnoxious and closed it. So I decided to move it over here. What do you guys think ?
I think the people in the Indiana forum are less obnoxious than I am.
http://bestsmileys.com/evil/6.gif (broken link)

This is the General U.S. room, and not the proper forum for a negative-themed cop bash fest that doesn't address a specific incidence. Even if it did, it would belong in the politics and controversies room and not here. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.