U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,693 times

Advertisements

I haven't hear much about Iowa and Arkansas.

Which State will most do you likely to live in ( Arkansas and Iowa). Expalin why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM

2,083 posts, read 2,908,576 times
Arkansas. I like the weather and the food better. Oh and the Razorbacks

Last edited by GunnerTHB; 02-28-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM

14,157 posts, read 19,816,434 times
Iowa because I haven't been there and its close to Chicago, Minny, KC, and St Louis.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:30 PM

443 posts, read 775,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Iowa because I haven't been there and its close to Chicago, Minny, KC, and St Louis.
Iowa for these same reasons .

also welcome to C-D

Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM

475 posts, read 401,256 times
Neither. Too conservative for my taste.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM

20,873 posts, read 36,034,944 times
Iowa, but it would have to be Des Moines or Iowa City. I will not live in Arkansas as it is much too far south in latitude with the climate being too hot.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,757,674 times
Iowa

Des Moines
Best city for business
#1 Des Moines IA - Forbes.com
Healthiest city for women
10 healthiest cities for women - TODAY Health - TODAY.com
(im a man but that doesnt mean i couldn't enjoy the large number of city parks)

Outside of Des Moines you also have Cedar Rapids, Davenport or Council Bluffs if you want to be by Omaha.

Plus iowa is close to KC STL CHI and MSP

Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,819,475 times
Iowa, preferably in Council Bluffs overlooking Bayliss Park.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM

1,230 posts, read 2,844,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manninger View Post
I haven't hear much about Iowa and Arkansas.

Which State will most do you likely to live in ( Arkansas and Iowa). Expalin why

I live in Arkansas and I have lived here all of my life (31 yrs). I live in the Northwest Arkansas area which is fairly prosperous thanks to the numerous large corporations that are located/founded here.

Arkansas is actually quite beautiful despite what people think. Arkansas has a variety of terrain such as hills, valleys, delta, swamp, flat etc. Arkansas is an awesome spot if your into outdoor activities, which I happen to love. Arkansas also typically experiences all four seasons so there is something for everyone.

Despite what people think Arkansas is not some redneck back woods place. We do have shoes, we do go to school, the people are actually intelligent here, we don't marry our cousins or whatever BS people have come up with about Arkansas and its people. Also Arkansas is not as conservative as what many people assume. IMO those people are missing out on some great people and a great state due to being ignorant.

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/waterfalls/
http://www.arkansas.com/photo-galler...&region=Ozarks
http://www.terrysmithimages.com/-/ga...ravel/arkansas

Last edited by sherrenee; 02-28-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 PM

14,157 posts, read 19,816,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsandwich View Post
Iowa for these same reasons .

also welcome to C-D
Welcome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
I live in Arkansas and I have lived here all of my life (31 yrs). I live in the Northwest Arkansas area which is fairly prosperous thanks to the numerous large corporations that are located/founded here.

Arkansas is actually quite beautiful despite what people think. Arkansas has a variety of terrain such as hills, valleys, delta, swamp, flat etc. Arkansas is an awesome spot if your into outdoor activities, which I happen to love. Arkansas also typically experiences all four seasons so there is something for everyone.

Despite what people think Arkansas is not some redneck back woods place. We do have shoes, we do go to school, the people are actually intelligent here, we don't marry our cousins or whatever BS people have come up with about Arkansas and its people. Also Arkansas is not as conservative as what many people assume. IMO those people are missing out on some great people and a great state due to being ignorant.

Natural waterfalls - beautiful waterfalls - Arkansas waterfalls
Photo of Arkansas - Arkansas Images - Arkansas Photos
Stock Photography of Arkansas | Terry Smith Images
I know about Arkansas, it is beautiful but too far from big cities, Little Rock doesn't do it for me. Plus, I haven't been to Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.