U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,603,434 times

Advertisements

I've been to more countries in Asia than I have been to US States......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,721,222 times
I don't get it. first people complain about American tourist in their country. now people complain that we don't leave the country enough.

People complain wayyyy too much.....

wait i think i'm complaining... oops

Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 PM

1,069 posts, read 856,085 times
Money, plain and simple. I was lucky enough to have visited Spain, Turkey, Canada, Mexico, and Ireland. If I had enough money I'd go to every country in the world, but I don't plain and simple. And to be honest I'd rather explore every state in the U.S first. America is such a vast and wonderful country (especially geographically speaking).

Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM

21,328 posts, read 21,906,527 times
In general, I'd rather tip a waitress trying to make ends meet in b**-****, Nebraska then tip a snotty waiter at the ScrewYouYankee Sidewalk Cafe along the Seine in Paris.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM

346 posts, read 842,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I've been damn lucky to be able to afford international travel and have been to many countries but there's something I love much much more, the road trip.

I love to pack up the car and drive. The trip is the destination. Stopping to see the world's largest ball of twine while eating a burger from a small town drive in you've never set foot in before is purely an American experience and one that I place higher than any international destination I have been to.

Most Europeans, Asians or otherwise cannot understand what this "" feeling "" is like because it is purely an American ideal.

There's so much to see in the United States so pack the car, get a Stucky's pecan roll in your mouth and drive!!
I agree with this post. So much stuff to see in the U.S., it's amazing. So much often just in our respective states. Especially here out west. Vast empty deserts as far as the eye can see. And that can be found within a couple hours drive of Los Angeles.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM

6,860 posts, read 7,806,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I've been damn lucky to be able to afford international travel and have been to many countries but there's something I love much much more, the road trip.

I love to pack up the car and drive. The trip is the destination. Stopping to see the world's largest ball of twine while eating a burger from a small town drive in you've never set foot in before is purely an American experience and one that I place higher than any international destination I have been to.

Most Europeans, Asians or otherwise cannot understand what this "" feeling "" is like because it is purely an American ideal.
You know Europeans drive too . . . and they take road trips (I have friends there and have actually been in their cars - imagine!). For example, it takes less 9 hours to drive from The Hague to Innsbruck (i.e., from the ocean to the Alps).

Enjoy your road trips, but don't fool yourself that this is only an American pleasure.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,721,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
You know Europeans drive too . . . and they take road trips (I have friends there and have actually been in their cars - imagine!). For example, it takes less 9 hours to drive from The Hague to Innsbruck (i.e., from the ocean to the Alps).

Enjoy your road trips, but don't fool yourself that this is only an American pleasure.
I would love to take a road trip around Europe.

i hear its pretty expensive though.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM

6,860 posts, read 7,806,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I would love to take a road trip around Europe.

i hear its pretty expensive though.
I've done several. Yes - gas is pretty high there. It's worth it if that's how you want to prioritize spending money, however. Everyone has different desires and circumstances.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:35 PM

44,884 posts, read 36,203,761 times
This here American is getting ready to inflict herself on some British folks - via a road trip thru England - in just a few weeks!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 PM
FBF

572 posts, read 692,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
That sounds excellent, but of course many of us don't have two weeks of vacation time, let alone two months.
My time off was never paid leave.

My workplace is stingy (and I wish that it was federally mandated) but alas, even I still can do it despite not being rich.

It does not have to be two weeks, it can be a week in one country visiting one city or the surrounding area.

One can start there if it is your first time, but it is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or