U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:37 AM

398 posts, read 622,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
50-60k is not a measly amount unless you want to be living in a part of town that is out of your means or with a different social class of people.

most people do very well with 50-60k and the ones who don't are simply the people who don't know how to budget their money.

to answer the op, if i could go anywhere i'd go to miami and live there. It is without a doubt my favorite city in usa. Lived there once and can't wait to move back.
this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM

2,564 posts, read 2,930,329 times
I would live in Asheville, NC or some smaller city in the South if I was able to move. I have a telecommuting job now, but unable to move anytime soon. If I could live anywhere, I would choose a very rural area in the mountains (East or West coast), but with needing broadband access, I would have to stick with some towns that are somewhat populated.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,305,504 times
It would depend on my family situation: Single, married, or raising kids. About 90% of my decision would be based on that single factor.

Singlle: Fairly large city with lots of knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing men to compete with for the choice women. I won't mention any names here. Maybe a state capital, attracting lots of career working girls.

Married, no children: Wouldn't matter, but would go for low cost of living and easy access to the countryside.

Raising kids: As far as possible from an urban metroplex, in a town of less than 5,000, preferably much less.

Last edited by jtur88; 02-09-2013 at 08:00 AM..

Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM

259 posts, read 201,580 times
My wife and I both telecommute and can work anywhere as long as we can get telephone and high speed internet.
We live in CT now but are starting to investiagte other areas for a possible relocate.

I think you have to write down some things that are important to you, such as what kind of weather you like and what kind of activities you like to partake. Make sure to visit places.

Since we can move with our salaries, moving from CT to almost any other state will save us some money.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM

168 posts, read 278,003 times
I would live in a very rural area. North or South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, or Minnesota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or