U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 01:14 PM

32 posts, read 61,386 times

Advertisements

i am a pharmacist with 15 plus years of experience. i live in Houston now, but there is a surplus of pharmacists here. Is there any US city which has plenty of jobs for pharmacists, has a moderately cold climate and is kind of culturally diverse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM

3,895 posts, read 4,574,681 times
the Indianapolis area i highly recommend.
IUPUI is located downtown which is ranked nationally as a medical university.
There is Wishard Hospital in downtown Indianapolis which is getting a brand new facility in 2013 currently under construction. Also there is Riley Hospital for children and many other hospitals around the city. Heck i believe Indianapolis has the highest concentration of hospitals per capita of any major US city.
general information i think youll want here
Indianapolis is within a days drive to 75% of the United States population. Cost of living is the lowest of any major US city. America's most affordable real estate market is Indianapolis. Property Taxes are capped at 1% of a homes value which also helps. Fastest growing City/metro in the midwest and 8th in the nation. Indianapolis also plays host to many major events like the Indy 500 and were the first Northern City to be put on the Super Bowl host rotation list. So expect more Super Bowls in the future like around 2018 or 2020.
City population: 830,000 Metro area 2,000,000.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM

56,747 posts, read 81,061,259 times
Central New York Jobs | Jobs in New York and Surrounding Areas

Finger Lakes Jobs | Jobs in New York and Surrounding Areas

Buffalo/Niagara Jobs | Jobs in New York and Surrounding Areas

Southern Tier Jobs | Jobs in New York and Surrounding Areas

and possibly other positions here: Central New York Jobs

You can check here as well: New York State Hospital Profile

Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM

3,895 posts, read 4,574,681 times
Pharmaceutical Jobs in Indianapolis, IN on CareerBuilder.com

Is the listing in Indianapolis for pharmacist. I did notice Eli Lily had a few posititions open and i will tell you right now they pay VERY well.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM

21,209 posts, read 30,427,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooshb View Post
i am a pharmacist with 15 plus years of experience. i live in Houston now, but there is a surplus of pharmacists here. Is there any US city which has plenty of jobs for pharmacists, has a moderately cold climate and is kind of culturally diverse?
I would go for major metro areas like Boston or Washington DC where you have terrific ethnic diversity and generally low unemployment rates (below 6%).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...al_composition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston#Demographics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.