U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,079,025 times

Advertisements

I like this weather. Let it storm all it wants if we get 70s/80s in March!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 11:42 AM

20,849 posts, read 35,952,730 times
We are bound to have a widespread April freeze if the pattern flips. It might not at the rate things are going now, but I wouldn't discount the possibility.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
San Diego? Perfect? What about the summer? I would imagine it gets pretty hot and humid there.
neither, avg high even in the middle of the summer is less than 80, does not rain often so relative humidity generally stays below 70%. San Diego probably has the nicest weather of any city in the entire country, unless you happen to be a duck or a polar bear. They probably din't want me to reveal that.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:30 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,079,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
neither, avg high even in the middle of the summer is less than 80, does not rain often so relative humidity generally stays below 70%. San Diego probably has the nicest weather of any city in the entire country, unless you happen to be a duck or a polar bear. They probably din't want me to reveal that.
On the coast, SD is pretty humid but the temps struggle to get much higher than 70. It get's hotter and drier the further you get inland. I think the perfect climate in SD is about 10 miles inland. The coast is often chilly at night even in the summer.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 AM

958 posts, read 922,180 times
There's been evidence of global warming for years now. 2010 was an especially crazy year weather-wise.

This current trend reminds me a lot of the late 90s/early 2000s.. a period in which the Philly metro annually had days in December that were around 90 degrees and had thunderstorms. That was definitely a bad time weather-wise for this area, this state even.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I guess my opinion of San Diego just changed.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,286,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
We are bound to have a widespread April freeze if the pattern flips. It might not at the rate things are going now, but I wouldn't discount the possibility.
That's what I'm thinking. Trees are blooming here in Denver already. We've had 10 days in the 60s/70s with no precipitation. Tonight is supposed to get down to 29 or 30 (although that's the airport forecast, which is always 3-4 degrees colder than in the actual city) as well as tomorrow night about the same. Then back to warm and maybe 80 this weekend with lows above freezing.

I looked it up and the record earliest last freeze in Denver is April 5th. If it doesn't get below (or much below) freezing in the next two nights, we're going to have some trees completely green by April 1st. I've seen it drop to the teens here in early April, killing off buds and flowers.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM

7,385 posts, read 13,234,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
Pretty much all of that is in mountains as well.
Not all... it has snowed in Seattle more than a couple times just this last week; not normal at all. (Didn't stick around for too long as the rain melt it.)

Where is this warming trend? Seattle could use some warmth.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 PM

3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Not all... it has snowed in Seattle more than a couple times just this last week; not normal at all. (Didn't stick around for too long as the rain melt it.)

Where is this warming trend? Seattle could use some warmth.
It was in the 80s last week in Memphis, and it'll be in the 80s for most of this week as well.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM

13 posts, read 17,327 times
And yet Europe had one of the worst winters in history...I'm not discounting global warming, but I do not think you can get caught up in local (yes I am generalizing the US a local) weather. Ocean temperature have continued to rise, and I think that should be the bigger area of concern. Although patterns of warming and cooling are normal in geological records. Is the global warming we are experiencing a result of part of the earths larger 'season' or are humans to blame. Probably both, and being aware of this and doing our best to reduce greenhouse gasses is certainly in our best interest. Interesting topic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.