U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM

2 posts, read 697 times
Default Can Anyone Recommend A Special Place!?

Okay, so essentially I can move anywhere right now. I am a huge hiker/mountain biker/swimmer/cliff jumper/river guiding/skiing type of guy. I am looking to get into physician assistant school as well. SO i need a place with a good community college to get an EMT/paramedic, and also to take care of some prerequisites. I would also love it if this place had the trails and outdoors basically right out of my front door, no driving needed I'd love to be able to walk to school etc. AND on top of that, relatively cheap living expenses. ALSO, no snobs, snobby nosey stuck up people are terrible. SO recap: outdoors access (right out the front door), access to college (for 3 years or so of work), relatively cheap living expenses, and nice folks.... I've also been kind of a nomad for 5 years or so, so not really tied to anything here.

Thanks!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 PM

3,731 posts, read 3,123,329 times
Perhaps Ellensburg?

Ellensburg, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 AM

12,156 posts, read 11,847,410 times
Check out Chattanooga, TN

Chattanooga, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Pulse
Chattanooga State | Emergency Services | EMT-IV Program
Chattanooga, Tennessee Visitors Bureau - Chattanooga Outdoors
Outdoor Chattanooga

Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 AM

30,793 posts, read 35,834,492 times
Perhaps: EMT/Paramedic : Finger Lakes
Canandaigua Things to Do: Ideal Parks for Outdoor Activities - New York Travel Guide (http://www.bbonline.com/articles/new-york/canandaigua/ideal-canandaigua-parks-for-outdoor-activities.html - broken link)
Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce : Supporting tourism, a healthy business climate and responsible economic growth.
Ski New York! Bristol Mountain Ski Resort, Bristol NY

Degree Programs | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
City of Utica, Recreation - Skiing
Oriskany Flats - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
Utica Marsh - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
City of Utica, Home

Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Degree | Herkimer County Community College
Herkimer (village), New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Village Of Herkimer: Homepage: [Digital Towpath]
http://herkimerhealthnet.com/PDF/NEWTRAIL.pdf

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-20-2012 at 07:55 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 697 times
Thanks guys will check these places out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.