U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 AM

16,749 posts, read 23,195,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It is actually more common in the Northeast than people realize. Much of the Interior Northeast is like this. You may even find suburban homes that are similar.
How "interior"?

I live in Connecticut and have never seen a home this cheap, unless you're talking about a gutted, burnt out home in the ghetto of Bridgeport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM

56,752 posts, read 81,082,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
How "interior"?

I live in Connecticut and have never seen a home this cheap, unless you're talking about a gutted, burnt out home in the ghetto of Bridgeport.
Upstate NY, Pennsylvania and western Massachusetts.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 PM

8,031 posts, read 16,090,183 times
You can find homes in some of the smaller coastal cities in New England for that price. Not all of them are ghettos either. There are homes in Portland, ME for under $100k in nice neighborhoods (in a city that most people fawn over). New Bedford has trouble spots, but it's an overall attractive city on the coast. Some of the lesser known smaller coastal towns have them (I know Westport MA and Fairhaven MA does).

Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM

121 posts, read 241,020 times
Syracuse NY area has a lot of potential

Old 03-22-2012, 02:35 PM

786 posts, read 1,604,627 times
^^That's nice to know, but that was one of the ones I'd purposely excluded from this as I figured I'd get a lot of feedback about it and I'm already well aware of it. No matter, thanx anyway.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:41 PM

148 posts, read 230,212 times

Wilmington has always had the old rowhome, ethnic neighborhoods, festivals, crime, commerce, history, jobs, but is otherwise completely forgotten.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM

I do like the look of Wilmington and how it looks so much bigger than it's population suggests, but Delaware wasn't part of this weird little question thing. Thanx very much though.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 PM

148 posts, read 230,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
I do like the look of Wilmington and how it looks so much bigger than it's population suggests, but Delaware wasn't part of this weird little question thing. Thanx very much though.
Apparently, Bruce, in England, you have to adhere to census guidelines, but every single entity and agency, including the census designates Wilmington as northeastern. (Phila-Camden-Wilmington Metro.)

Wilmington was a Pennsylvania settlement for over 150 years. Pardon the education.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:56 PM

Dude, I thanked you, but the fact is that wasn't what I asked for. I would also put Delaware in the Northeast (though I actually think the CB puts it in the South), but I was specifically wanting places in the states I mentioned. Most wouldn't think of Ohio as being in the Northeast, but I lumped it in as it does border PA and I wanted to have some suggestions for that state.

EDIT: The Census Bureau does put Delaware in the South, just as it puts Ohio in the Midwest. The whole point of asking a question is to get answers to that question. Thanx for taking the time to reply, but you didn't answer the question I asked.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 PM

56,752 posts, read 81,082,761 times
Plattsburgh NY may be a sleeper due to its location to Montreal, the Adirondacks, Burlington VT and for being on Lake Champlain.

Corning NY is a city of 10,000, but has an orchestra, museums, the Gaffer District, festivals and more.

Here are some others in NY that you may like: Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce : Supporting tourism, a healthy business climate and responsible economic growth.
Canandaigua New York - Your Guide to Beautiful Downtown Canandaigua, NY
Canandaigua, NY*

Official Lockport, NY Government & Tourism Information ~ Erie Canal Locks & Flight of Five

Home & Geneva Chamber of Commerce
City of Geneva
Downtown Geneva, New York 14456 - The Difference is Downtown!

Welcome to the City of Auburn, New York
Auburn, NY History & Tourism ~ Central NY Attractions ~ Cayuga and Finger Lakes Wine Trails
Welcome to Auburn Downtown

Welcome To Downtown Cortland NY - Home
City of Cortland Official Web Site

The Official Web Site of the City of Oswego
Canal Common - Fine Shopping in the Heart of Downtown Oswego

Home - City of Jamestown, New York
Come Discover Jamestown NY! - Brought to you by the DJDC.

and the 2 that I mentioned: Plattsburgh North Country Chamber of Commerce
City of Plattsburgh

Corning&FLX
Corning's Gaffer District - Corning, New York - Shopping - Entertainment - Museums - Food
City of Corning*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or