Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM

8 posts, read 16,799 times

Advertisements

I'm doing market research for an online newspaper catering to the "Modern Latino". What are the TOP U.S. cities they live in? What are the TOP newspapers they read?

My definition of the "Modern Latino":

At the very least, they should be active online. Own a computer or smart phone and use social media. Affluence and college education is a plus, but not necessarily a requirement in the "modern" definition. Most are English speaking and usually bilingual.

Here's a good explanation from a Latino marketer of this demographic:

"While plenty of advertising dollars are being spent to reach the Spanish-dominant Latinos who still watch telenovelas on the major Spanish-language networks, very little marketing has been directed toward the evolved Latino mindset. We are more tech-savvy now. We spend more time on mobile devices than our non-Hispanic peers. We use social media as a means to communicate, express ourselves and create, and we spend more time online than non-Hispanics.

The new Latino consumer is increasingly sophisticated. We want high-quality content in any language, and we will not pay attention to entertainment with secondary production values merely because the program is in our parents' native tongue. Yet we still want more than the average English-language network offers."

Any comments or questions are appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
I will give you info for money if you will make money off of the information I know. Feel free to PM me.

However, honestly the answer to your question would be pretty easy to figure out.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,112,439 times
Miami I assume.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM

160 posts, read 365,559 times
Los Angeles
San Antonio
Miami
Austin
Houston
Dallas
San Diego
Albuquercue

Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I will give you info for money if you will make money off of the information I know. Feel free to PM me.

However, honestly the answer to your question would be pretty easy to figure out.
Would this be a comprehensive report or just a few cities? I don't mind paying for extensive info, but I can find the simple stuff.

So far I'm seeing San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego CA; Dallas TX; Chicago IL; Miami FL.

Besides modern Latino demographics, it would be helpful to know which publications have a large readership of them. IE Miami Herald has 53% Latino readership and is an English newspaper.

BTW, I'm not being paid for the research itself, but I am doing this to plan marketing for my own business.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Greatly appreciated John! That's a few more than I had so far...

Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 PM

160 posts, read 365,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbrew View Post
Greatly appreciated John! That's a few more than I had so far...
I think your list is good with the exception of San Francisco. Not much of a Latino population compared to the others. You could also add Phoenix, Santa Fe, and possibly Denver.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Miami, Miami, Miami

Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM

637 posts, read 1,014,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAustin View Post
I think your list is good with the exception of San Francisco. Not much of a Latino population compared to the others. You could also add Phoenix, Santa Fe, and possibly Denver.
According to the census, San Francisco Bay Area has 1.8 million Latinos.

The city of SF itself has 115k Latinos, which is more than the population of Santa Fe.

I'd add New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, and Philadelphia to your list.

No ifs and buts, but MIAMI would be #1 by far.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
According to the census, San Francisco Bay Area has 1.8 million Latinos.

The city of SF itself has 115k Latinos, which is more than the population of Santa Fe.

I'd add New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, and Philadelphia to your list.

No ifs and buts, but MIAMI would be #1 by far.
In the Bay Area I'd give the affluent/sophisticated edge to San Jose. While there are such Hispanics in San Francisco the majority are either poor or working class and many are illegal or recent immigrants. Service jobs are their stock in trade. In San Jose there are many more native born and better educated working in the tech industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.