U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM

5,859 posts, read 14,061,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I usually think adirondack chairs, microbrews, subarus, trader joes, INDEPNDENT book stores!
What about mobile homes, Miller Lite, pickup trucks, WalMart, Carhartt and Applebee's? Guess that would be the OTHER white people!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Southern New Hampshire, and Southern Maine.
Yeah, lots of blacks in Northern Maine and Northern New Hampshire!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM

9,397 posts, read 9,557,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
I don't know, I guess the building where the white people of America are governed.
Absolutly the Capitol is the building while Capital is all other meanings, but its the same for all Americans so the Nitpick is rather useless.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the wording of the thread is misleading and it isn't a matter of all hell breaking loose more so that the US is still a mostly White country. So, that's what makes the title and thread odd. If he just wanted a place that is more accepting towards interracial couples, then just ask that. Even if it was worded as mostly white communities that are accepting, I doubt that anyone would have thought that the thread was odd or necessarily strange in any way.
Bingo!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM

606 posts, read 825,250 times
The capital would, in my mind, be D.C.
This is, after all, a white country. The dominant culture is white.
And whites founded it. Also, speaking of white culture:
Stuff White People Like

Mmmmmmmm, 10 dollar sandwiches.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,779,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
What about mobile homes, Miller Lite, pickup trucks, WalMart, Carhartt and Applebee's? Guess that would be the OTHER white people!
Hence the reason why it's hard to pick a "Capitol of White America". With Black America(especially Atlanta and DC) you can find the Whine-sipping/HBCU-frat/Sweater-wearing/Uppity Blacks living not too far from the Drug-dealing/Gang-banging/Trouble-making ones. Some of the uppity Blacks used to be part of the latter's culture when they were poorer or they may have family from the latter. Heck, some of the HBCU's are very close to or in around the trouble-making dangerous areas. Cities like DC/ATL cater to ALL types of Blacks. The wealthy/Middle-classs/poor. It doesn't matter your income level.

This doesn't seem to be the case with White-America. You got Urban White-America(adirondack chairs, microbrews, subarus, trader joes, independent book stores), Wealthy White America(Trips to Europe, The Masters, Country Clubs, etc) Suburban Middle-Class White-America(Lowe's, Malls, "Life-Style Centers, Whole Foods, Applebee's, Walmarts) and Rural White America(mobile homes, Miller Lite, pickup trucks, WalMart, Carhartt and Applebee's). Obviously the Wal-Marts and Applebee's overlap with both Rural and Suburban White-America. Different cities and towns, attract different crowds of Whites. Atlanta attracts the SEC-types. Seattle/NYC/Portland attracts the Hipster-types. Athens GA attract the college/Hipster-types. NYC/Chicago/Boston/Philly attract the "Ethnic" Whites.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 AM

1,819 posts, read 3,440,807 times
Default Boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
The capital would, in my mind, be D.C.
This is, after all, a white country. The dominant culture is white.
And whites founded it. Also, speaking of white culture:
Stuff White People Like

Mmmmmmmm, 10 dollar sandwiches.
DC? ...yea lots of native white folks in Southeast and northeast in the hoods listening to go go eating carry out

Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,159,182 times
I think probably Minneapolis, Denver, and Seattle are the major metros in the country with the highest percentage of White Americans. Most of the metros throughout the mid west, mountain west and north west still have white percentage above 70%.

Its just not easy to guess what is the capital of White America. I mean, even Atlanta, the Black Capital of America, has a higher percentage of white people than black people when looking at the Metro as a whole.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,519,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

You can pop down a side alley and find something like this:

Anyhow, I won't bore you with more minutia but would definitely take a peek. BTW, I don't live there but spend a lot of time in NH. I live in CT.
Well, the next time I'm back home (Boston), I'm gonna make it a point to visit Portsmouth. I know there's a couple of good craft breweries there, and I just searched the web and found a place called "The Portsmouth Brewery" which sounds like a really, really good place for me to be. Have you been there and would you recommend it?

Also, do you know where I can find some other pics of Portsmouth?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,519,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonmania View Post
that is so wrong, nobody who's been to boston would say that. maybe some small parts like the north end are mostly white, but not the rest of the city.

i think these are fairly accurate. and the other part is the suburbs, boston's surrounded by some very diverse suburbs
In all fairness though, that's the city...not the metro. The metro is very white and not very black at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
If it's really live free or die, than why would they show resistance if someone decided to step out the ride with jewels, braided hair, tattoos, glasses and the like. I thought this was America? Land of the free?
That's a joke, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or