U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 AM

8 posts, read 9,210 times

Advertisements

First time using the new American Fact Finder 2. I am attempting to find housing values average/median filtered first by Dallas, Denton and Tarrant County.

Then I would like to additionally filter the above results by zip code.

I have attempted using geography: Denton County, Dallas County, Tarrant County and then by Housing: Financial Characteristic: Home Value for the topic but within that menu I only see 2010 census data with projected ACS numbers done yearly.

With that being said, my two questions are as follows.

1. How do I additionally filter my Dallas/Denton/Tarrant data set by Zipcode within Fact Finder 2.

2. Census only runs every 10 years, And the ACS does annual estimates yearly after that. The ACS numbers estimates (up to 5 years in this case) are all done using sampling correct? So the projected numbers are educated guesses?

I attempted to search filtered by state and 5 number zip; however it only produces data from the 2000 census for some reason, as shown below. I need this for 2010 or an ACS after that

Last edited by cmf0106; 04-05-2012 at 04:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 AM

56,734 posts, read 81,038,544 times
I believe that you have to pick the county first, then click on the items that you want information for and click OK. If I remember correctly, it can show pages of similar information too.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I believe that you have to pick the county first, then click on the items that you want information for and click OK. If I remember correctly, it can show pages of similar information too.

Thats what I did in the original post, the image may not appear to put county first because it puts housing variables on top of the stack. I redid the operation to confirm, and I got the same result. Household values from the 2000 census, which does me no good.

The orders of operation were
1. Geographies: ZIP code/ ZCTA
2. Add Dallas, Denton & Tarrant County
3. Select Topic -> Housing -> Financial Characteristics -> value of home
4. Output is records from 2000 census.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM

32,388 posts, read 55,214,514 times
They may not have released that data for 2010 yet.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They may not have released that data for 2010 yet.
2 years later? That seems rather odd.

If I do a search just for the state of TX and not by zip code housing value for 2010 + the ASC come up at the state level.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM

Bump;

Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM

606 posts, read 825,250 times
The Census website is notoriously difficult to navigate.
Typical gov. agency red-tape inefficiency?? I dunno.

But, good luck to you, sir! This is why people publish books, for cash money,
after wading through and retrieving pertinent information from that maze.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
The Census website is notoriously difficult to navigate.
Typical gov. agency red-tape inefficiency?? I dunno.

But, good luck to you, sir! This is why people publish books, for cash money,
after wading through and retrieving pertinent information from that maze.
If I can find median house vaue by zip for North Texas I will gladly pay if you have an idea of an avenue that may do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.