Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Its not my post but Ill give my 2 cents on what is ment by "degradation of American society through less moral values" California is known for its liberalism when it comes to sexual morality. Things that are considered wrong in other parts of the nation such as homosexuality are openly embraced in Californication land. General promiscuity is more common there. Drug culture, street culture and all sorts of sub-cultures thrive in California. California is also known for self absorbed people. This is also a moral issue, an entire state filled with narcicissim. Think the Kardashians, or Paris Hilton, all people like them think only of themselves and live life as if they are the only ones that matter on the planet. The lifestyle of people like the ones I listed are associated with California just as much as Snooki is associated with New Joysiee. Like it or not most Americans think about the things I mentioned when they think of California. Normal people dont run off to "find themselves" in Indiana or Michigan. They dont go to Alabama to find themselves either. They go to California, a place where moral misfits are more acceptable.
And yet many so-called "Heartland" states have higher rates of teen pregnancy and divorce. We can't blame all of our ills on California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
Caifornia has lost 3.6 million American born people (mostly White and Black) to other states in the past 20 years

If California Is Doing So Great, Why Are So Many Leaving? | Newgeography.com

Look at all the California Dreamers...

...coming from Mexico and Asia
>>>>>
Caifornia has lost 3.6 million American born people (mostly White and Black) to other states in the past 20 years
<<<<<

Can we please tell them to stop coming to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas? That would be swell. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Sometimes I come into a thread, and feel my IQ dropped 5 points just by reading it. Who the f*** cares about In-N-Out? I mean, seriously?

On the other hand, they had to hire police to manage the traffic when the Jack-In-Box opened on the Indy-Greenwood border. That wasn't because "OMG JACK IS FROM SAN DIEGO," it was more of a "dude they had this in St Louis and it was soooooooooo good." Bad news, it is just a glorified Hardee's.

I mean, if you polled everyone who was waiting in line for 45 minutes to eat at Jack In The Box when it opened, less than half would know Jack came from California, even fewer would care.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
Have you ever looked at your own posts? All you've done throughout this thread is make generalizations about Texans!

I grew up in Queens, NYC. We look up to no one. Please.
I just hate Whataburger, that doesn't mean I'm making any generalization. See any or all of your posts to find an example of "making broad generalizations"

Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,519,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
This is entertaining. Half the posters in this topic can't seem to admit that being "Californian" is a reason for In-N-Out's popularity. They all wish they had it in their respective hometown, even if they hate fast-food. They know it would make the rival cities jealous. Houston wants it, Dallas has it.

As for #4, great moral values here.

Thousands of students still take their licks in Texas schools | Special Reports | News f...

They can still legally use paddles in Texas schools. That's "conservative".
The only thing mildly entertaining here is your delusion. You have some idea in your head and you think everyone else can only think the way you imagine it. You've already had plenty of posts with other people's ideas and opinions and you flat out ignore it. What's the point of opening a discussion if you won't discuss but say something and then stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la I'm not listening"?

Being Californian has nothing to do with it, we've already talked about the same deal for other non-Californian restaurants. Anyway, I love fast food and don't care where In-N-Out is, I'm satisfied with what I have. If I had a chance I probably would try it so I could see what all the noise about, not because my life revolves around California. And that's about all the talking I want to do with a brick wall here.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Sometimes I come into a thread, and feel my IQ dropped 5 points just by reading it. Who the f*** cares about In-N-Out? I mean, seriously?

On the other hand, they had to hire police to manage the traffic when the Jack-In-Box opened on the Indy-Greenwood border. That wasn't because "OMG JACK IS FROM SAN DIEGO," it was more of a "dude they had this in St Louis and it was soooooooooo good." Bad news, it is just a glorified Hardee's.

I mean, if you polled everyone who was waiting in line for 45 minutes to eat at Jack In The Box when it opened, less than half would know Jack came from California, even fewer would care.
It's simply not viewed the same as In-N-Out, and it still amazed Indianapolis. It would be total pandemonium if In-N-Out showed up there.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
It's simply not viewed the same as In-N-Out, and it still amazed Indianapolis. It would be total pandemonium if In-N-Out showed up there.

It would be. Jack In The Box???? Seriously? Someone else said Sonic!? wfh.....sooo average. Sonics burger is similar to Whataburger.....plain old burger.

5 Guys, I have tried, and thought mehhhh. Not worth $10 for a burger, fries, and drink! When they came to Fort Worth, everybody collectively yawned. And what MetroMatt said about the buzz dying down, well of course its going to die down from the craziness, but they are still very busy at all hours.

In N Out is synonymous with California, specifically SoCal. The crossed palm trees, the palm tree logo, the artwork and t-shirts people would wear like they were in a secret club.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
It would be. Jack In The Box???? Seriously? Someone else said Sonic!? wfh.....sooo average. Sonics burger is similar to Whataburger.....plain old burger.

5 Guys, I have tried, and thought mehhhh. Not worth $10 for a burger, fries, and drink! When they came to Fort Worth, everybody collectively yawned. And what MetroMatt said about the buzz dying down, well of course its going to die down from the craziness, but they are still very busy at all hours.

In N Out is synonymous with California, specifically SoCal. The crossed palm trees, the palm tree logo, the artwork and t-shirts people would wear like they were in a secret club.
We have the Crossed Palm Trees at our In-N-Out location in Daly City. It's always so cold around here with the fog that the Palm trees look wilted and dead..LOL!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,272 times
I have no idea what an In-N-Out is, but the Chick-Fil-A has been packed since it opened a year ago.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
I have no idea what an In-N-Out is, but the Chick-Fil-A has been packed since it opened a year ago.

Chick-Fil-A is to the chicken sandwich what In-N-Out is to the burger. Maybe its in the hyphens....
Although In N Out is better overall....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.