Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 AM

11 posts, read 13,670 times

Advertisements

ok you guys i'm new to this and hoping someone can help me to finally figure out where i want to live...i'm orginally from new orleans and now i live in houston (i hate...sorry) but i'm looking forward to move to either seattle, denver, pittsburgh, atlanta, boston, charlotte, chicago, minneapolis or cincinnati has anyone every lived or visited any of these places please help me out...i need cost of living, crime rates, schooling, job opps (i'm a medical assistant now) activities (nieces & nephews will visit every summer) and anything anyone can think of please and thank you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM

546 posts, read 1,370,539 times
Well, I lived in Boston for most of my life, (to date) and totally love it. I have visited Seattle and spent close to a week there and loved that city as well. Most of the other cities you listed, I have only visited once and cannot give a good opinion other than I make the most of where I am. Boston is well noted for its Hospital infastructure. hope this helps

Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,344,194 times
UPMC (Pittsburgh) is one of the largest medical centers in the world. Plus there are other hospitals/systems here. It's a good field to be in.
Medical centers in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pittsburgh is often voted the most livable city and part of that has to be the low cost of living. The crime rate is also low, many great suburban school systems including the best in the state, Pitt is a medical college plus we have CMU and Duquesne as our top 3 universities and there are many more. For a population of only 300,000 we feel we can offer most of what you can expect from much larger cities when it comes to things to do. We have pro football, hockey and baseball(?).

Our winters are generally mild with not much snow although on occasion we get bombarded once or twice a year. Summers tend to be hot and humid.

Pittsburgh and Seattle are often compared when it comes to rainfall. I spent 3 weeks in Seattle and hated every day. It drizzled the entire time I was there and it was bone-chilling cold. People were miserable and unfriendly. In Pgh., it rains hard and is then overwith. I lived in Atlanta for 3 months and have nothing bad to say about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.