Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times

Advertisements

love to live in? New Mexico is 1st choice.

could live in? Texas (home state, I know it so well, that's part of the problem), Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, maybe Wisconsin, Louisiana, N Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts-- hell, maybe Maine.

would never live in- any of the rest. I'm kind of stuck in Missouri, but I have plans....

My first choice for anywhere in the world to live in would be Mexico. Yep, narcoterrorism and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
would never live in: any of the "New" states, I prefer things to have been tested out beforehand and have no desire to be part of some weirdo socio-economic experiment.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Austin is not the most liberal place in Texas....

I am a person that enjoys places based on a certain live and let live vibe and I have found Austin to be a place I do not enjoy

Why would you "only live IN Austin" when it comes to Texas? Nothing that can be found in Austin that cannot be found in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Ft Worth....
I didn't like Austin, either. Too much traffic and boring. Liked all of the rest of non-city Texas. Except, it's too hot there, for me.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM

231 posts, read 390,576 times
Have lived in Washington, Rhode Island, Oklahoma and mostly California.

Have imagined that it would be interesting to live in Wyoming, Montana, Georgia, N. or S. Carolina and New Mexico.

Can't think of any state I would not want to live in....at least for a little while.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 PM

484 posts, read 882,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
Inspired by a topic I saw in the World forum. Here's my list to give an example

Love to live in
Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, New York, Massachusettes, and Pennsylvania

Wouldn't mind living in
New Mexico, Texas (only because Austin is there), Louisiana, Hawaii, North Carolina, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Alaska, Rhode Island (basically any New England state besides Mass.)

Visit but never live
Florida, Arizona, Utah, Tennessee, Idaho, Montana, Wisconsin, and parts of California (Central Valley, Mojave, and where I'm currently at)
Love to live in
California, New York, Pennsylvania, Colorado, can I throw in D.C.?

Wouldn't mind living in
Minnesota, Washington, Oregon, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts

Visit but never live
Arizona, Utah, Florida, Maine, South Carolina, Michigan

Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
I would love to live in coastal Florida or Hawaii (but I genuinely think I'd eventually be bored with both).

I wouldn't mind living in states like Arizona, New Mexico, Maine, Georgia, Washington, California, New York.

I could never live in (but would visit time and time again!) a state not bordering the ocean (I know I mentioned Arizona and NM as possibilities, but those are new to me - desert, which I've always been very interesting in experiencing and I think I'd like to live in). States in the midwest, mostly, or inland states more similar in look to what I'm used to that aren't near the ocean are out of the question. I am such a beach person. At least desert areas have sand.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:10 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Love to live in: Colorado, Washington, Oregon

Wouldn't mind living in: Florida (obvious - I live here), Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, northern California (if it weren't for earthquakes, droughts, fires and mudslides CA would be higher on the list)

Could never live in: anyplace in the Midwest, Arkansas, Mississippi, Hawaii or anyplace where it stays cold into April

Old 04-11-2016, 04:18 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times
As long as you put me in a medium to large metro area, I'm good. And there might be some smaller cities I'd be OK with.

So my nevers would be North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, West Virginia, Mississippi.

My I hope I never have to, but I'd figure it out since they have some good cities states are Florida, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Louisiana...because I prefer four true seasons with a little bit of snow and my least favorite weather is super hot.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:30 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Love to Live:
North Carolina, South Carolina (Charlotte's SC suburbs and coastal areas), Florida (Central), Virginia, and Pennsylvania (except Philly area).

Wouldn't Mind Living:
Texas, Colorado, Idaho, Washington (Eastern part of the state), Minnesota (MSP Metro).

Visit but Never Live:
California, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington (western parts of the states), West Virginia, Massachusetts.

The rest of the states I really have no strong feeling one way or the other, or I wouldn't want to visit OR live.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:33 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,469,704 times
Love to live in: Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Virginia.
Wouldn't mind living in: Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware(weird I know)
Would visit but never live: Hawaii, Florida, Nebraska(I want to checkout Omaha), Michigan, Vermont, Maine, Pennsylvania.
States that I can't decide if I could ever live there or not: New York, Illinois, Tennessee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.