Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times

Advertisements

Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?
If these three get unseated as the most I don't think it'll be in the near future. I think it has a lot to do with population as well because those are the 3 largest cities in the US.
If other cities such as Houston overtake Chicago then maybe the big three will become the big four. However, even though I think population is a factor, I don't think it's the ONLY factor.
But only time will tell

Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM

705 posts, read 3,298,115 times
New York city will always be a main key city for the U.S.
Los Angeles is constantly growing and changing. Los Angeles has so many new developements right now that many people don't even know about. The city will not look the same 5 years from now. Another main reason why Los Angeles is going to remeain a key city is because of its location on the west coast just like New York on the east coast.
I can't really say Chicago will remain a main key city for the U.S. because it's in the mid-west. Personally, I think it is going to remain very significant.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I can't really say Chicago will remain a main key city for the U.S. because it's in the mid-west. Personally, I think it is going to remain very significant.
It will always be important. It grows more important with every passing year it seems. Not to mention that its also in an ideal location.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,732 times
Quote:
That depends how you define meaningful. I'm guessing your referring to them as being the 3 most populous cities. If so, then no, I do not see any city passing any of those three in terms of population.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
I myself too think these cities will remain the big three.What if Phoenix's metro and city keeps growing,is there any chance it may join the big three and make it the big four,or Houston might join and then it will be the big five?

Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,732 times
Quote:
I myself too think these cities will remain the big three.What if Phoenix's metro and city keeps growing,is there any chance it may join the big three and make it the big four,or Houston might join and then it will be the big five?
Houston could grow to the become the most populous city in the U.S. and it would still be insignif!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
No, not really. In terms of media pull, NYC and LA will continue to dominate, but most people can see beyond their TV and realize that it's a much bigger world.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?
Always is a long time. What about global warming flooding NYC (and Miami)? The long-overdue Big One for LA?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:11 PM

832 posts, read 3,853,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Houston could grow to the become the most populous city in the U.S. and it would still be insignif!
Houstin is already significant. Houston has more Fortune 500 HQ's than anywhere else outside of NY. 2nd Largest Theater district in the country, and is the world energy capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.