U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,369 posts, read 4,946,572 times
Reputation: 624

Advertisements

Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?

 
Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM
 
2,684 posts, read 3,967,675 times
Reputation: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?
If these three get unseated as the most I don't think it'll be in the near future. I think it has a lot to do with population as well because those are the 3 largest cities in the US.
If other cities such as Houston overtake Chicago then maybe the big three will become the big four. However, even though I think population is a factor, I don't think it's the ONLY factor.
But only time will tell
 
Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles-213.323.310.818/San Diego-619.858.760
705 posts, read 2,468,463 times
Reputation: 434
New York city will always be a main key city for the U.S.
Los Angeles is constantly growing and changing. Los Angeles has so many new developements right now that many people don't even know about. The city will not look the same 5 years from now. Another main reason why Los Angeles is going to remeain a key city is because of its location on the west coast just like New York on the east coast.
I can't really say Chicago will remain a main key city for the U.S. because it's in the mid-west. Personally, I think it is going to remain very significant.
 
Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,028 posts, read 54,735,164 times
Reputation: 9591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I can't really say Chicago will remain a main key city for the U.S. because it's in the mid-west. Personally, I think it is going to remain very significant.
It will always be important. It grows more important with every passing year it seems. Not to mention that its also in an ideal location.
 
Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 PM
 
374 posts, read 1,389,656 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?I ask this because when I really think of big cities in our country,that our the biggest world symbols in our country,those are them,but I wanted to know if anyone thinks that someone will pass them up in the future?
That depends how you define meaningful. I'm guessing your referring to them as being the 3 most populous cities. If so, then no, I do not see any city passing any of those three in terms of population.
 
Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,369 posts, read 4,946,572 times
Reputation: 624
I myself too think these cities will remain the big three.What if Phoenix's metro and city keeps growing,is there any chance it may join the big three and make it the big four,or Houston might join and then it will be the big five?
 
Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
 
374 posts, read 1,389,656 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I myself too think these cities will remain the big three.What if Phoenix's metro and city keeps growing,is there any chance it may join the big three and make it the big four,or Houston might join and then it will be the big five?
Houston could grow to the become the most populous city in the U.S. and it would still be insignif!
 
Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,669 posts, read 11,061,056 times
Reputation: 2684
No, not really. In terms of media pull, NYC and LA will continue to dominate, but most people can see beyond their TV and realize that it's a much bigger world.
 
Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
 
483 posts, read 1,532,620 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Do you think the big three will always be the most meaningful cities in the United States or do you think some city will eventually pass them in the future?
Always is a long time. What about global warming flooding NYC (and Miami)? The long-overdue Big One for LA?
 
Old 09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
832 posts, read 2,915,106 times
Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Houston could grow to the become the most populous city in the U.S. and it would still be insignif!
Houstin is already significant. Houston has more Fortune 500 HQ's than anywhere else outside of NY. 2nd Largest Theater district in the country, and is the world energy capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top