Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM

92,030 posts, read 122,173,887 times

Advertisements

I know the winters are pretty tough here, but if you are in the area, feel free to stop by here: Welcome to the St. George Macedonian Orthodox Church web portal > Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
You get what you pay for is all I have to say... not knocking, as I have never been to Indy but the NYC metro is very expensive b/c it is very very desirable and beautiful. Do you have ocean beaches in Indy?
thats not the case for Indianapolis. the Dollar goes farther in our city and you get alot more for what you pay for.
But as you said you havent been to Indianapolis which you should come visit sometime. But that pretty much explains it.
Come explore what Indy has to offer then defend NYC.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,268,562 times
I'll only live somewhere with ocean beaches- nice try though. I'm picky, I gotta have my beach

Old 06-24-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I'll only live somewhere with ocean beaches- nice try though. I'm picky, I gotta have my beach
and yet you cant vacation to Indianapolis sometime?
ya as i thought New Dorkers cant leave their little place in this world.

And if your curious why i would call you a New Dorker let me enlighten you a little bit.
Really NYC has 2 types of people.
New Yorkers are ones that live in NYC or the surrounding metro but are willing to leave NY to explore and vacation around the world and try new things. Basically they arent stuck in NY lala land.
New Dorkers are the exact opposite. The only place worth spending your time in the world is the NYC metro area to them thats the only part of the US thats important is New York.
If i have the chance soon to go to NYC ill be sure to talk to New Yorkers and not Dorkers

Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 AM

I'll vacation anywhere but I wouldn't live anywhere.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I'll vacation anywhere but I wouldn't live anywhere.
then why havent you visited Indianapolis yet?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 PM

1,524 posts, read 3,888,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Indianapolis meets your criteria.
First we have better weather pattern as macedonia. just cut off some of the extremes there. we dont hit 100 degrees in Indy but once every 25 years or so. 0 Degrees is a little more common although it doesnt happen that often. were a much more mild and temperate climate with a balance of 4 seasons
Um, no. Indianapolis is firmly a city in the continental climate zone. Hot, humid summers and cold winters are the norm. It is a huge reason why I moved away from there.

The the West Coast (western WA, OR, CA) is the only place with consistently mild weather. Most of the rest of the country is spends 3/4 of the year boiling or freezing. It rains here, oh well, would rather deal with rain then 103F in Indy this week.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
then why havent you visited Indianapolis yet?
I find the midwest kind of boring... I live in NYC... how in the world can Indiana compare to that? Lol, you're trippin'

Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I find the midwest kind of boring... I live in NYC... how in the world can Indiana compare to that? Lol, you're trippin'
have you been to the midwest?
Have you been to Indianapolis?
no then why are you saying that the midwest is boring?
im even curious if you have been to Chicago. lol
New Yorkers need to lose this superiority index and stop acting like they are superior to everyone else in the US.
my point is if you HAVENT been to Indianapolis then plz stop making ASSumptions.

Also Sonner the northwest is rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. I dont think the OP wants that.
The OP said they want a climate thats somewhat similar to their current one without the extremes.
Indy has the beautiful 4 season setup *makes for a way more interesting place instead of the boring 1 season crap that Flordia/the deep south/West Coast advertise* but Indy doesnt have the extremes.

Although Indianapolis is forecasted to hit a high of 100 this thursday there wont be humidity and everyone thats been through heat knows its the Humidity that kills. many people will take a little dry heat over the wet soaked humid heat most of the south gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.