U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 PM

3,203 posts, read 3,345,467 times

Advertisements

I was considering buying several dozen properties in Fairfield Glade due to the low prices.

I came across this video on youtube.

I can't quite understand what the problem is in Fairfield Glade.

I instead bought 47 properties in Bella Vista, Arkansas located by Bentonville in NW Arkansas. It's beautiful and has a population nearing 1/2 million in the area.

I still like Fairfield Glade, but what exactly is going on.

Fairfield Glade Scam Commentary - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 AM

9 posts, read 17,516 times
Smile Fairfield Glade is a Great Place to Live

Not sure what the guy in the youtube video is talking about as he rambles on and on. My wife and I moved to Fairfield Glade just over a year ago and absolutely love it. It is a very well managed community and the HOA dues are relatively low for what you get ($39.50 per month plus $7 for trash pick-up and $29 for sewage) for a total of $84.50 per month. The community is very beautiful and the homes and common grounds are well kept. If you like golf, there is nothing better as there are 5 excellent courses and property owners can golf for $28 per round (includes a cart) and if you want to golf 9 holes it is exactly half that amount. There are also 11 very nice man made lakes that are great for fishing and boating. The community made the list of the 50 best planned communities in the US by "where to retire magazine". Prices for homes range from the low 100's (for a home that is about 1300-1500 sq ft) to just under a million for a very nice home on the biggest lake (Lake Dartmoor). Property taxes are great as they are about $330 per $100K of home value (a $200K home would have an annual property tax bill of about $650). To top it off, Tennessee has no income tax so your retirement is totally tax free (they only tax dividends and interest from investments but married couples get an exemption of $2,500 and interest from bank interest is exempt as well). I would highly recommend Fairfield Glade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.