Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What part of the US has the worst weather?
the Northeast 61 10.66%
the Midwest 208 36.36%
the South 174 30.42%
the Rockies 14 2.45%
the Southwest 52 9.09%
the Pacific Northwest 45 7.87%
California 18 3.15%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,700,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlcc View Post
The South for me. Extreme heat and humidity in summer is much worse for me than extreme cold during winter. For cities like Chicago, with proper clothing you can still be comfortable outside during winter. But for cities like Houston during summer, there's nothing you can do to make yourself comfortable while outside.
True. Most people who live in South Florida spend their lives behind air conditioned windows, looking out. I don't know why people think South Florida has good weather when its weather is atrocious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,076,838 times
Until Lake Ontario dries up, I'm going with Central New York.

CNY is way too cold and snowy during the winter and way too muggy during the summer.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:10 PM

23,310 posts, read 43,763,348 times
I think its hilarious that the South is winning this poll. The bigotry displayed toward this region on here is over the top.
BTW, enjoying yet another blizzard, Northeasterners? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM

10,721 posts, read 23,633,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I think its hilarious that the South is winning this poll. The bigotry displayed toward this region on here is over the top.
That's why I left Boston. As much as I miss home (and I do a lot), I can't stand that weather. The trees are budding and blooming here and we had a beautiful weekend in the 70's, shoveling snow in March when it says spring equinox on the calendar pisses me off. Ughh.... do not miss that part one bit!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,678,271 times
Quote:
I received an inch of snow followed by rain which melted all the snow...At least in a blizzard I can go skiing.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:19 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,218,081 times
Quote:
My husband is in the mountains of West Virginia right now and absolutely miserable between the snow and the cold. When I told him that it was 72 degrees and sunny here, he almost started crying!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,276,434 times
Growing up in Mild/Sunny Southern California. The weather does get a bit boring seeing sunshine and similar temps nearly all year. But I'll go with the midwest having the worst weather. Hot and muggy summers combined with bone chilling winters is a combination I don't want to live in. At least the South has mild winters in comparison to the Hot/Humid summers.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,128,499 times
Quote:
Has it occurred to you that perhaps people don't prefer high heat and humidity? Do you really think the world is out to get you? The South was the LEAST popular region of this country for decades before the advent of Air Conditioning and yet you claim there's a bias against Southern weather? Get real!

The reality is most likely that it's not as bad as Northerners think, and not as good as Southerners think.

P.S. I've seen way more Sun Belters make fun of Northern climates during winter than vice versa. Show some class.....when it's 95 with an 80 degree dewpoint you won't want Northerners reminding you how crappy the weather is down South!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 AM

23,310 posts, read 43,763,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Has it occurred to you that perhaps people don't prefer high heat and humidity? Do you really think the world is out to get you? The South was the LEAST popular region of this country for decades before the advent of Air Conditioning and yet you claim there's a bias against Southern weather? Get real!

The reality is most likely that it's not as bad as Northerners think, and not as good as Southerners think.

P.S. I've seen way more Sun Belters make fun of Northern climates during winter than vice versa. Show some class.....when it's 95 with an 80 degree dewpoint you won't want Northerners reminding you how crappy the weather is down South!
As far as Atlanta goes, the much ballyhooed 'heat and humidity' generally lasts from mid-June to mid-September. Despite that, C-D posters love to characterize this situation as year-round. Our Spring and Fall more than compensate for any discomfort that Summer might present.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,563,243 times
Quote:
As far as Atlanta goes, the much ballyhooed 'heat and humidity' generally lasts from mid-June to mid-September. Despite that, C-D posters love to characterize this situation as year-round. Our Spring and Fall more than compensate for any discomfort that Summer might present.
Up North, our Summer and Fall more than compensate for any discomfort that Winter might present.

See... anyone can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.