U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,231,932 times

Advertisements

Traverse City, Michigan, has a vibrant society of middle-aged people involved in many activities, and a lot of social overlap of older and younger demographics, who are very tolerant of each other. But again, it is severely affected by the job-poor Michigan economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 AM

295 posts, read 590,245 times
If you don't mind a lot of clouds and rain consider Olympia, WA or Bellingham, WA. The COL isn't very low but not very high either. And you can't beat the scenery and natural setting. Note that the rain isn't downpours like on the East Coast, more like a drizzle and you're rewarded with a sunny summer without humidity.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM

33 posts, read 49,955 times
Default startingalloveragain

Hello friends! Haven't checked in for quite awhile. Many thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Just an update for all who care...I am a 56 yo female, aging but relatively attractive, but aging nontheless.I starting dating a man 8 years my junior and have learned that, 1) bad idea to date a younger man, and 2) I probably don't want to date at all anymore.

I am a lowly nurse, but if I live carefully, I can live within my means. Don't need a man for livelyhood. Would be nice to have company, but not counting on it at my age. Anyway, I recently reconnected with a very dear friend from High School. I am actually considering moving back to South Jersey. I know its crowded, and the Real Estate taxes are absurd. I will probably rent an apartment within an hour of the shore. Will work full-time as an RN and just live out the rest of my life in relative calm. SO-O-O ....any ideas?? Anyone living in South Jersey and loving it??? Give me feedback, people!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM

22,667 posts, read 28,685,250 times
Before you go, take a look at Crooked River Ranch, Oregon. Spectacular scenery, every outdoor activity you could ever dream of, cool dry sunny weather.

Lots of friendly, active, retirees. HOA has a gorgeous huge swimming pool and a golf course. There are lots of clubs, activities and volunteer work to keep you busy.

A highly rated hospital in Redmond, so jobs without too much of a commute.

Easy drive into Bend, OR which has something happening all the time and excellent shopping. But real estate is much cheaper in Crooked River Ranch, the scenery is fabulous from almost every house, and the pace of life is slower.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM

346 posts, read 841,280 times
Consider the Phoenix/Scottsdale Metro. Could be a good fit as there seems to be a lot of older divorcees etc. that move here

Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM

5,940 posts, read 5,297,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Consider the Phoenix/Scottsdale Metro. Could be a good fit as there seems to be a lot of older divorcees etc. that move here

If you want low cost think about Sun City, Az. Low taxes, inexpensive condos, lots of things to do in SC and within 10 minutes of it, almost everything to do within 1/2 hour. Friendly people from all over the country and all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or