U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What state is more scenic, PA or CO?
Pennsylvania 27 36.00%
Colorado 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,739,579 times
Their both very pretty in different ways. How do you compare such very different geographies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 07:22 AM

10,824 posts, read 15,163,926 times
In my humble opinion the poll is like comparing lemons to watermelon.
Both states have stunning scenery...different from each other but stunning none the less

Last edited by njkate; 10-05-2007 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM

3,928 posts, read 8,375,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Well, anyone can pick and choose pictures. I was trying to make the point that SE PA isn't particularly stunning.
Not to be flippant but the pictures prove you wrong. SE pa is the beginning of the Piedmont. Theres beautiful hills/valleys/lakes/streams/rivers that criss cross from the Delaware River to the beautiful countryside of Lancaster and Reading.

You can't just go around making accusations without backing those accusations with sound reasoning. Tell us why SE Pa isn't that great? tell us why SE PA is flat,boring and uninteresting?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 AM

791 posts, read 2,226,828 times
Both are beautiful. I've always been partial to Colorado with the majestic Rockies, as well as the San Juan ranges. But the eastern portion is still more a semblance of Kansas. Pennsylvania is gorgeous top to bottom and all point in-between. The Allegheny and Delware Gap regions are particular favorites of mine in the Keystone state.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 AM

69,219 posts, read 58,392,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Not to be flippant but the pictures prove you wrong. SE pa is the beginning of the Piedmont. Theres beautiful hills/valleys/lakes/streams/rivers that criss cross from the Delaware River to the beautiful countryside of Lancaster and Reading.

You can't just go around making accusations without backing those accusations with sound reasoning. Tell us why SE Pa isn't that great? tell us why SE PA is flat,boring and uninteresting?
The pictures do not "prove me wrong". Four pictures, of the worst of eastern Colorado and the best of eastern Pennsylvaina, are not representive of the hundreds of square miles therin both states.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 AM

322 posts, read 20,530 times
I wouldn't call those the best of S.E. pa. The whole area once you get out of the urban sprawl of Philly. I use to drive all around S.E. pa, most of it is beautiful. I love Gettysburg in the fall. It would be great down there in a few more weeks. The towns down there are great. I love the farmlands of S.E. pa. They remind me of farm lands I see in pictures of the country side of the Netherlands or Holland. I personally never thought the forever, and ever plains of eastern Colorado were that nice to look at. You just look west praying to God that you will adventually see the rockies break the horizon sometime soon.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 AM

69,219 posts, read 58,392,139 times
I agree. I've just driven from Omaha, Neb to the Denver area so many times, that when I get to Colorado, I feel like I'm just about home! Seriously, I don't mind the eastern plains, though it's definitely a different kind of beauty than the green rolling land of SE PA.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:45 AM

322 posts, read 20,530 times
I went to the new art museum in Denver and they had a section that had photography from this one guy that did photos of churches and the landscape of Eastern Colorado. His photographs were excellent, which of course would have to be to land a exhibit in the art museum. He made Eastern Colorado look beautiful. In the description of the photographer they wrote that most people go straight to the rockies, but he focused on the Eastern Plains of Colorado to try to show their beauty also.

I personally go to Colorado to drive Independence pass then the eastern plains though.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 PM

1,537 posts, read 3,867,995 times
Yes, Pennsylvania is beautiful. But Colorado has some AMAZING scenery. Check out these pics posted at the Colorado forum. This is just one of 12 pages of pics posted. As nice as PA is, I haven't seen a pic thread posted on the PA site that comes close to matching this.

Colorado Pics!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,329,744 times
[quote=goozer;1663486]Yes, Pennsylvania is beautiful. But Colorado has some AMAZING scenery. Check out these pics posted at the Colorado forum. This is just one of 12 pages of pics posted. As nice as PA is, I haven't seen a pic thread posted on the PA site that comes close to matching this.

Interesting, it's much browner than I remember. Honestly, it looks like Flagstaff, AZ and/or Cloudcroft, NM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.