U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 PM

41 posts, read 93,598 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious to see how others use CD. And by others, I mean the regulars, not people who ask one question about an upcoming vacation or imminent move and then never return. I find myself visting the forums for states and cities that I've never been to and, most likely, never will. For instance, I was born and raised in California (and still live here), but I frequently check-in on the NYC, Chicago, Miami, Seattle, etc forums in addition to my usual California forums. I'm also regularly visting the Des Moines, Iowa forum, not to mention the City vs. City, Europe, and Canada forms. I just find it interesting to read about other places I guess, even though I have no plans to go to Des Moines (not that I wouldn't). I don't use the other areas of this site though, such as the Automobile, Relationships, etc. sections. So basically, do you frequently go to forums that you have little or no connection to, and if you do, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,698,791 times
As far as state forums go, I check into the NYC, Albany, and sometimes Florida boards.

As far as other forums go, my favorite is the Celebrities forum because there's so much pointless gossip circulating that it makes for a fun conversation.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 PM

912 posts, read 860,435 times
From NJ, but check in most of the state boards.. just to see what they are posting about I guess.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 AM

326 posts, read 829,980 times
I tend to be most active on the Florida threads. Especially South Florida. It's interesting to me how people view this area. Especially the ones who want to move here and they all want Safe, Inexpensive, Near the beach, Good schools, Plentiful jobs, Friendly neighbors, Perfect weather, Tooth fairy visits, No bugs or wildlife of the reptilian variety, Short commutes, No crime...I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

I visit a lot of the other forums of places I've lived and I'll pipe up if I have something to add. I lurk on the Washington forum and post a little there because my husband and I are considering a relocation there.

I also go to a lot of the other forums if I have time on my hands like I do today. I learn a lot by reading other people's thoughts and opinions. Especially those who have opposing viewpoints to mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.