U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,078,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuelppA View Post
Your "feeling" is retarded.

Its like me saying Buffalo feels like Canada, thus its Canada.

Los Angeles feels like Atlanta, so its Atlanta, or something else extremely ****ing off base.
So what? Your feeling is just as retarded.

If you said Utica feels as sophisticated, cultured and international as NYC (which your dumbass almost said in another thread) then I should give a **** because you live there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 AM

So if a smoker who smokes 10 packs a day says it's healthy I should believe her because she's a smoker

Midwestern 101 logic here folks

Old 09-15-2012, 11:28 AM

425 posts, read 285,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
So what? Your feeling is just as retarded.

If you said Utica feels as sophisticated, cultured and international as NYC (which your dumbass almost said in another thread) then I should give a **** because you live there

Wait, someone's experience is invalid because you said so?

I wonder how the hell you got an education then. Did you believe a word of your teachers/professors?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
So if a smoker who smokes 10 packs a day says it's healthy I should believe her because she's a smoker

Midwestern 101 logic here folks

No, thats called denial.

Youre proof that the internet is just a bathroom wall.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Wait, someone's experience is invalid because you said so?

I wonder how the hell you got an education then. Did you believe a word of your teachers/professors?
Whose saying it's invalid? You wanna go on and say you're some northeasterner. go ahead. I'll keep on saying you're a midwesterner.

now, rochester is more similar to cleveland or ______________ ? What actually northeastern city do you want me to include to actually make this a battle and not the overwhelming amount of people check cleveland?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Whose saying it's invalid? You wanna go on and say you're some northeasterner. go ahead. I'll keep on saying you're a midwesterner.

now, rochester is more similar to cleveland or ______________ ? What actually northeastern city do you want me to include to actually make this a battle and not the overwhelming amount of people check cleveland?

So for the record, youre saying Utica is Midwestern, and not Northeastern.

Just wanna clarify.

Because I have heard some dumb things in my life, but this might be the dumbest. You shouldnt be allowed within 10 feet of internet access and a keyboard. Im being serious.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
So for the record, youre saying Utica is Midwestern, and not Northeastern.

Just wanna clarify.

Because I have heard some dumb things in my life, but this might be the dumbest. You shouldnt be allowed within 10 feet of internet access and a keyboard. Im being serious.
lol where is that article on the 100 or so Bosnians and utica's diversity when you need it huh

Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,629,482 times
Quote:

I would pick a place like Albany seeing that you seem to think a city in the same state like Albany has less in common with a city two states away. But there is also the problem of others believing that Cleveland has notheastern characteristics. What about Milwaukee... or Akron

Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I would pick a place like Albany seeing that you seem to think a city in the same state like Albany has less in common with a city two states away. But there is also the problem of others believing that Cleveland has notheastern characteristics. What about Milwaukee... or Akron
How about Rochester, NY more similar to Milwaukee, Wisconsin or Providence, Rhode Island.

One is quintessential rust-belt/great lakes/midwest. The other is quintessential north east/east coast. They are both about 700 miles away from Rochester and in different states. Providence and Milwaukee both have metros of about 1.5 million people and Rochester 1 million. Fair race, eh?

Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 PM

3,234 posts, read 7,629,482 times
Quote:
How about Rochester, NY more similar to Milwaukee, Wisconsin or Providence, Rhode Island.

One is quintessential rust-belt/great lakes/midwest. The other is quintessential north east/east coast. They are both about 700 miles away from Rochester and in different states. Providence and Milwaukee both have metros of about 1.5 million people and Rochester 1 million. Fair race, eh?
that would seem fair but at the end of a day it's a city data poll which is useless. But go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or