U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:33 AM

2,248 posts, read 6,206,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Okay, the best states for women are the ones that are very politically liberal, where women really are treated as minorities and the divorce courts almost universally adjudicate in favor of the women without hearing any perspective from the man (even if he is a good man). In other words, the states that let women get away with being complete b*tches.

Cases in point? California, Maryland, New York and Massachusetts. The State of California doesn't officially release divorce statistics, but the divorce rate is estimated to be up to 70%; some 80% of divorces, I believe, are initiated by women in America altogether today. So, 80% of 70%, let's just say, in the state's most populous state is a huge number, and it's almost always the man that has to pay alimony while every third women drives an oversized SUV or BMW. While I love California, these parts of the state's stereotypes are unfortunately true.

Florida is unique because while it is more conservative than the aforementioned states, it truly is the land of fruits and nuts (and a white trash nest, as Adam Carolla so put it). South Floridians in particular aren't known to be the most pleasant of people.

Lastly, for anybody that says that Mississippi and Kentucky, for example, aren't good places to and for women, you clearly have first world problems.

The solution for good American men that aren't into the whole "bad boy" thing but are still confident is to go to the American South, and even many of them are "eat up" with their hot, tough rednecks well into their 30s! Or, while this is a broken record, leave the U.S. altogether to find a good mate. No, she doesn't have to be submissive, and most non-Americans aren't necessarily looking for a ticket to America, but the societal interpersonal and dating norms in many other countries aren't as "sickly" as they are stateside.
That's why Leykis tells people not to get married.

Actually, Leykis would suggest dating outside of the country as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 AM

6,620 posts, read 11,666,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Not to be a dick, but why is it that Southern states always appear at the top of "worst of" lists?
Maybe it's the truth?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 AM

2,248 posts, read 6,206,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Maybe it's the truth?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ja1myn again.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 17 days ago)

10,467 posts, read 14,312,551 times
Quote:
Not to be a dick, but why is it that Southern states always appear at the top of "worst of" lists?
Because they almost always use 'poverty' as one of the main criteria. Never mind the fact that poverty level wages in the south will often afford the same lifestyle as higher wages in other places.
The govt says a family of 4 in the lower 48 lives in poverty if they made less than 22,350 in 2011. I'd rather live "in poverty" on 22,350 in Podunk MS than live just above poverty level in a high COL place like DC or NJ.
But reports like this like to make a big fuss about how awful it is that there are x number of people living in poverty in the south, because it sounds more dramatic.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,181,297 times
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ja1myn again.
I just saw the same message.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM

1,795 posts, read 2,566,847 times
Texas??? Really, they must never step foot in my state, women look good down here and with a good income.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM

44,713 posts, read 36,132,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Maybe it's the truth?
Message from a Southern woman:

If you don't appreciate the southern states, then by all means don't come visit - and CERTAINLY don't move here. However, if you do decide to visit, you may be very pleasantly surprised, as long as you check your prejudices and personal agendas at the door.

I've lived in the South most of my life- much of that time spent "below the poverty line" - and I love it here. Not only that, I lucked up and married the quintessential Southern gentleman, and he treats me like a man should treat a woman. I sure do appreciate the upbringing he had and the fine examples of southern manners and values that he had and now emulates.

Back to that "poverty line." While I was living "in poverty" I managed to buy a brand new house, drive a Volvo, and provide a good living for myself and my family. My kids were healthy and I was able to feed and clothe them well, and make sure they attended good schools. We had TV and even video games and (gasp) even INTERNET!

In fact, here is the home I lived in while living "below the poverty line" in the South:

Yeah. Poor me.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,573,576 times
Quote:
Because they're jealous of the warm weather in the South. Ha, that's something those Northern states will never be ranked good at.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:00 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,852,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Okay, the best states for women are the ones that are very politically liberal, where women really are treated as minorities and the divorce courts almost universally adjudicate in favor of the women without hearing any perspective from the man (even if he is a good man). In other words, the states that let women get away with being complete b*tches.

Cases in point? California, Maryland, New York and Massachusetts. The State of California doesn't officially release divorce statistics, but the divorce rate is estimated to be up to 70%; some 80% of divorces, I believe, are initiated by women in America altogether today. So, 80% of 70%, let's just say, in the state's most populous state is a huge number, and it's almost always the man that has to pay alimony while every third women drives an oversized SUV or BMW. While I love California, these parts of the state's stereotypes are unfortunately true.

Florida is unique because while it is more conservative than the aforementioned states, it truly is the land of fruits and nuts (and a white trash nest, as Adam Carolla so put it). South Floridians in particular aren't known to be the most pleasant of people.

Lastly, for anybody that says that Mississippi and Kentucky, for example, aren't good places to and for women, you clearly have first world problems.

The solution for good American men that aren't into the whole "bad boy" thing but are still confident is to go to the American South, and even many of them are "eat up" with their hot, tough rednecks well into their 30s! Or, while this is a broken record, leave the U.S. altogether to find a good mate. No, she doesn't have to be submissive, and most non-Americans aren't necessarily looking for a ticket to America, but the societal interpersonal and dating norms in many other countries aren't as "sickly" as they are stateside.
This.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,666,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Message from a Southern woman:

If you don't appreciate the southern states, then by all means don't come visit - and CERTAINLY don't move here. However, if you do decide to visit, you may be very pleasantly surprised, as long as you check your prejudices and personal agendas at the door.

I've lived in the South most of my life- much of that time spent "below the poverty line" - and I love it here. Not only that, I lucked up and married the quintessential Southern gentleman, and he treats me like a man should treat a woman. I sure do appreciate the upbringing he had and the fine examples of southern manners and values that he had and now emulates.

Back to that "poverty line." While I was living "in poverty" I managed to buy a brand new house, drive a Volvo, and provide a good living for myself and my family. My kids were healthy and I was able to feed and clothe them well, and make sure they attended good schools. We had TV and even video games and (gasp) even INTERNET!

In fact, here is the home I lived in while living "below the poverty line" in the South:

Yeah. Poor me.
Jeez, calm down. I was just making a comment. Never said I hated the South or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.