U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:22 AM

711 posts, read 1,288,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1392832 View Post
America's Most Dangerous Neighborhoods: Areas With Violent Crime - ABC News

#1: Chicago, Ill.
Neighborhood: West Lake Street
Found Within ZIP Code(s): 60612
Predicted Annual Violent Crimes: 297
Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000): 257.72
My Chances of Becoming a Victim Here (in one year): 1 in 4
West Lake Street, Chicago, IL - Google Maps

This place does not look like a ghetto at all...

There must be people with tribal minds living there that need to be deported.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM

3,625 posts, read 7,168,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
West Lake Street, Chicago, IL - Google Maps

This place does not look like a ghetto at all...

There must be people with tribal minds living there that need to be deported.

Thoes houses look pretty new. But I do know one thing.... That wasnt even the neighborhood that was listed. this is
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chica...103.33,,0,-1.2

And I've never heard of a neighborhood named "west Lake street" And I doubt that thats the most dangerous area in the contry.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:11 PM

4,138 posts, read 4,158,332 times
I love how the folks calling the south side of Chicago a ghetto forget about the west side. The west side has some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city. If the south and west sides are nothing but gigantic ghettos then Chicago is 75% ghettos and 25% 'livable areas'.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,221,895 times
I used to live in the very nice town of Madison, Florida (between Tallahassee and Jacksonville). With a 65% black population (out of a total of 3,000), it had a pretty significant Ghetto, including the part of town I lived in, but I have no idea how "popular" the ghetto is. People fish a lot, and there are several soul restaurants. I think I'd much rather live in that ghetto, than any of the "popular" ones in bigger cities.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 PM

28,251 posts, read 26,220,119 times
1. Harlem: Malcolm X, Juice, Rage in Harlem, Hell Up In Harlem, Alicia Keys videos, rappers, etc.

2. South Central LA: Boyz N' the Hood, South Central, Menace 2 Society, Friday, gangsta rap, etc.

3. South Bronx: Birthplace of Hip Hop

4. Bedford-Stuyvesant: Spike Lee movies, Home of Biggie, Jay-Z, Foxy Brown, Mos Def and Chris Rock.

5. South Side of Chicago: Common, Kanye West

6. West Philadelphia: Fresh Prince intro..."In West Philadelphia born and raised..."

7. Ninth Ward New Orleans: Cash Money, Hot Boyz

8. Bankhead ATL: T.I., Bankhead Bounce

9. Fifth Ward Houston: Geto Boyz

10. Orange Mound Memphis: Eightball & MJG

Queensbridge, West Baltimore, East Oakland, Southeast DC, East St. Louis and West Side of Detroit are all known as well.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM

303 posts, read 472,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I love how the folks calling the south side of Chicago a ghetto forget about the west side. The west side has some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city. If the south and west sides are nothing but gigantic ghettos then Chicago is 75% ghettos and 25% 'livable areas'.
All of the South Side isnt ghetto.Also certain areas are being fixed , so in the near future neighborhoods are going to be nice.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM

303 posts, read 472,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
1. Harlem: Malcolm X, Juice, Rage in Harlem, Hell Up In Harlem, Alicia Keys videos, rappers, etc.

2. South Central LA: Boyz N' the Hood, South Central, Menace 2 Society, Friday, gangsta rap, etc.

4. Bedford-Stuyvesant: Spike Lee movies, Home of Biggie, Jay-Z, Foxy Brown, Mos Def and Chris Rock.

6. West Philadelphia: Fresh Prince intro.

Detroit - Eminem ,8 Mile

Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM

3,625 posts, read 7,168,190 times
yeah outside of Englewood and Washington Park and maybe a couple more spots there is nothing on the Southside that can compare to the west side overall. The near west side where the United Center is and parts of Humboldt Park have cleaned up drastically but even those places were very very dangerous not too long ago. The rest is just business as usual.

mas23

Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM

797 posts, read 1,158,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

6. West Philadelphia: Fresh Prince intro..."In West Philadelphia born and raised..."

Queensbridge, West Baltimore, East Oakland, Southeast DC, East St. Louis and West Side of Detroit are all known as well.
I dont think any of those New Orleans people are actually from the Ninth Ward.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,191,279 times
1.) Compton- One of the founding places of the Bloods and Crips; gangs that are copied throughout the country and the world. Popularized and pioneered Gangsta Rap. Let White America virtually walk through the hood with hugely commercially successful raucous albums like Straight Outta Compton. Home of N.W.A., Dr. Dre and The Game. Referenced in classic era defining movies like Boyz 'N The Hood.

2.) Queensbrige, NYC- Largest housing projects in America. Home of Nas and Mobb Deep

3.) East Oakland- A mecca of original slang and Hip Hop music. Home of Too $hort, MC Hammer (Rap's first enormous crossover pop success), Keyshia Cole, Kreayshawn and the place where the legendary Tupac Shakur claimed he got his "game" from. Bustling original culture (i.e. the sideshow).

http://www.38thnotes.com/2012/04/04/...-oakland-2pac/

4.) Baltimore- Popularized by epic premium cable TV crime dramas like The Wire and The Corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.