Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,218,321 times

Advertisements

What is it with people that they feel the need to interject the names of the states of Mississippi and Alabama when they want to make their state look better? I don't know how many times I've heard, "At least it's not Mississippi", "At least we're not Alabama", etc.

What is so bad about Mississippi and Alabama? Nothing, in my opinion. They are two fine states.

I understand you may be more liberally inclined, and you may not like the fact that these two states are filled with a lot of conservative, religious people, but so what! Why does that make it a bad state? Why does that justify you bringing it up for ridicule in threads that having nothing to do with the state?

It's about time that people got with the times and realized that both of these states are wonderful, beautiful states filled with great people.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:40 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
You just made them look worse in the eyes of City-Data. Not because they are bad states but people will start throwing out numbers and mocking them.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
Alabama's not that bad. It's just no LSU

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
What is it with people that they feel the need to interject the names of the states of Mississippi and Alabama when they want to make their state look better? I don't know how many times I've heard, "At least it's not Mississippi", "At least we're not Alabama", etc.

What is so bad about Mississippi and Alabama? Nothing, in my opinion. They are two fine states.

I understand you may be more liberally inclined, and you may not like the fact that these two states are filled with a lot of conservative, religious people, but so what! Why does that make it a bad state? Why does that justify you bringing it up for ridicule in threads that having nothing to do with the state?

It's about time that people got with the times and realized that both of these states are wonderful, beautiful states filled with great people.
The people of Mississippi and Alabama set themselves up to be ridiculed, then complain about it.
For a consolation, think positive...all those people who ridicule Mississippi and Alabama will probably be sent to hell when Jesus returns.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The people of Mississippi and Alabama set themselves up to be ridiculed, then complain about it.
For a consolation, think positive...all those people who ridicule Mississippi and Alabama will probably be sent to hell when Jesus returns.
How do they set themselves up to be ridiculed, in this year 2011? Please do "enlighten" me.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You just made them look worse in the eyes of City-Data. Not because they are bad states but people will start throwing out numbers and mocking them.
Alabama and Mississippi are fine states.

Numbers can easily be twisted. People don't take into account the different variables in populations, and then compare them on a case by case basis as though all states have the same types of populations.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,643 times
Quote:

Thanks for this thread and post.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Alabama and Mississippi are fine states.

Numbers can easily be twisted. People don't take into account the different variables in populations, and then compare them on a case by case basis as though all states have the same types of populations.
The numbers don't lie, they might not tell the entire truth, but they don't lie.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
How do they set themselves up to be ridiculed, in this year 2011? Please do "enlighten" me.
Personhood. !0 Commandments in courtrooms.
I bet some can even read and write above a third grade level.
But, always keep in mind, that they is gonna go to heaven, and that just has to be the most important part. Just wait until Jesus comes again.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 AM

52 posts, read 130,711 times
Well, Alabama and Mississippi aren't the only two states that get bash on a daily basis. Many folks like to bash their own state or other states because of ignorance and fail to realize their state isn't better than the next. I have never been to these two states so there's no need for me to talk bad about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.