U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
 
Location: West Paris
10,263 posts, read 10,314,914 times
Reputation: 24404

Advertisements

Maybe in Delaware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2012, 03:15 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,923,777 times
Reputation: 4077
Raleigh NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM
 
21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
Reputation: 19614
Quote:
Originally Posted by js9494 View Post
Baltimore isnt cheap its actually probably more expensive than Philly and a commute from baltimore to dc would be a pain the traffic is rough
Philly is no longer the "undiscovered cheap place to live" in the Northeast corridor and would say Baltimore is still less. Wilmington, Delaware is way overlooked in my opinion and quite inexpensive in comparison to it's location. I see the next rising star as Richmond, Virginia which thanks to Northern Virginia's massive development over the past 25-30 years placed it close enough to the sphere of the Northeast Corridor that Amtrak has expanded it's Northeast Corridor service (Boston to DC) south to Richmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 PM
 
Location: IN
20,846 posts, read 35,937,611 times
Reputation: 13287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Philly is no longer the "undiscovered cheap place to live" in the Northeast corridor and would say Baltimore is still less. Wilmington, Delaware is way overlooked in my opinion and quite inexpensive in comparison to it's location. I see the next rising star as Richmond, Virginia which thanks to Northern Virginia's massive development over the past 25-30 years placed it close enough to the sphere of the Northeast Corridor that Amtrak has expanded it's Northeast Corridor service (Boston to DC) south to Richmond.
Yes, absolutely correct on Richmond. Richmond metro has a moderate cost of living and high median household incomes. I expect that this area will grow a bit faster in the coming decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
16,732 posts, read 23,155,761 times
Reputation: 5844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's a matter of perspective. I live in New Jersey. Those places are CHEAP!
Yeah seriously. Living in CT, people move to Maine, Hamp, and Vermont to find affordable housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,010 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Reputation: 66358
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Yeah seriously. Living in CT, people move to Maine, Hamp, and Vermont to find affordable housing.
A lot of them here go to Pennsylvania. Connecticut is pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,620 posts, read 11,666,509 times
Reputation: 6603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Raleigh NC
Definitely NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 PM
 
56,546 posts, read 80,847,919 times
Reputation: 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
A lot of them here go to Pennsylvania. Connecticut is pricey.
Or Upstate NY. Pretty much anywhere in the Northeast outside of the Bos-Wash corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM
 
Location: IN
20,846 posts, read 35,937,611 times
Reputation: 13287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Or Upstate NY. Pretty much anywhere in the Northeast outside of the Bos-Wash corridor.
Southern NH is getting expensive due to high property taxes and rents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2014, 06:54 AM
 
40 posts, read 38,874 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Deceptive. Property Tax in NH is very high.
I also live in NJ. Are you saying property tax in NH is higher than here? Currently I am paying $6500 or there abouts for my home. I was also thinking of retiring in NH. Like NE as retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top