Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,107 times

Advertisements

2 cousins in california
2 cousins in Toronto
1 cousin in temple, texas ( studying at a university)
1 cousin in frankfurt, Germany
8 cousins in Delhi
2 cousins in North NJ
1 cousin in Arusha, Tanzania
2 Cousins in the DC area
i heard i have extended family in Australia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 AM

793 posts, read 1,110,732 times
Most of my family lives in Oklahoma, predominantly the southeastern part of the state, and also a significant portion live in southern California. My maternal grandmother is Choctaw, and the Choctaws originated in the Mississippi area, so I'm sure I have family there and maybe Alabama. My maternal grandfather was Navajo and he was born and spent some of his life in New Mexico, I believe most of his family still live in NM. I don't know much about my paternal grandfather, he died when my father was around 11 years old, but his step-father was also a Choctaw and has family in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Texas. My paternal grandmother also has most of her family in Oklahoma, and also in Missouri and Tennessee I believe.

I'm also a direct descendant of Daniel Boone, he was my 7-times great paternal grandfather. His family came from the UK, so I definitely have family there and most likely on continental Europe, I just don't know of any, unfortunately.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM

10,742 posts, read 23,795,420 times
Albuquerque,NM
Essex County, Masachusetts
Raleigh & Wlimington, NC
Sarasota, FL
Anchorage, AK

we all use to live in Essex Co. Mass

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 08-09-2012 at 08:31 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 PM

148 posts, read 238,625 times
Default i got fam everywhere.

my family is from the phillipines so they are already all over from the northern provincial areas of cordon, isabela (gramama) to quezon city, metro manila, malolos, bulacan and to the south davao city. mom is middle of 8. a few aunts and uncles live in sydney australia. my cousin studies in europe so now he stays is in London, having the time of his life with the olympics. one of my other aunts on my dads side is staying also in europe, completing an internship also in london.

in the usa, well, dad is oldest of 10. CTA is soo very convinient. so i got fam everywhere here in the chi, and chi metro burbs : jefferson park, downtown/near loop, skokie, huntley, lake in the hills, schaumburg, mchenry, hoffman estates, and downstate peoria. cant forget my cousin and her family in Schereville IN, and theres the rest of the usa - in cali LA metro/Burbank/North hollywood, North Cali SF Bay Area, in Florida, Bradenton, Tampa bay/Clearwater Pinnellas county, Virginia beach,Virginia and Asheville, North Carolina.

theres extended family in west virginia, Houston TX, and Las Vegas NV. i guess my current living family is still relatively young, only 3 generations outside the phillipines, here in us, australia, and england. my grandma takes it easy and still gets around and lives well in Cordon, P.I. - she carries the distinction of the only living member of the Greatest generation in our family. grandpa, a wwII vet passed in the 90s.

growing up birthdays and parties and christmas was alot of fun. i especially love decorating my fridge with all the christmas postcards during the holidays... family reunions are huge, but only every few years. i personally enjoy driving alot. so i road trip to visit when i can. and when i can't, its facebook/skype.

traveling worldwide has given me an ultimate appreciation of my home where i live in the chi. i feel so fortunate to have lived my life here. most of my current family living here stateside originated from cook county, chicago il when my parents immigrated here went to school and became professionals in the early 70s. they shared a run-down apt somewhere around lakeview with a few other young couples from the phillipines also aspiring to do the same. those families are also 3-4 generations long and growing also just as widespread across the us and world. its impossible to keep track of it all. theres still cousins i know of that i havent met yet.

Last edited by jpchi60630; 08-10-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.