U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM

33 posts, read 64,673 times

Advertisements

We're looking toward a possible move from Naples, FL to an area around either Jeffersonville, IN or Lexington, KY and would really appreciate any help in deciding between the two. We are a family of four (two teenagers 15 & 17) who really crave a "homey" environment, would love to live in a log home, and enjoy mountainous (or at least rolling hills) environments with a change of seasons (really burnt out on this hot FL weather). We have grown very tired of the over-regulation that many Florida counties impose, and would rather live in a less restrictive type of environment where common sense prevails instead of the county nonsense we experience down here. Of course, we would prefer to have lower taxes, reasonable home insurance rates, and a general low cost of living as we are soon approaching our retirement years. Medical care is of importance, as well, as I have a cancer history and need to be in driving distance to decent care. We dream of living in a place that offers scenic beauty (of the mountain/hilly type), with acreage, but is drive-able to the amenities of a near-by city. I have done some research already, but both areas seem very similar; so I would really appreciate any advice any of you may offer us. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:18 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,108,709 times
Jeffersonville is a suburb of Louisville. Lexington is Lexington. I don't know, do you want the burb or the city? I can't imagine the outer fringes of Lexington would be much different from Jeffersonville. The worst thing would be trying to get into Louisville when the interstates are under construction.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM

Definitely prefer the suburbs. Thanks for your input!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM

3,895 posts, read 4,572,690 times
Then i recommend Jeffersonville Indiana.
Hoosier Hospitality will welcome you with open arms

Old 08-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or