U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,955 posts, read 2,732,352 times
Reputation: 1638

Advertisements

This is pretty interesting. Now before San Antonio and Houston start to complain, this is in terms of percentage, not numeric. But WOW. Look at Dallas at 11+ MIL

The 10 U.S. Cities Set To See Their Populations Boom: Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 PM
 
60 posts, read 116,466 times
Reputation: 67
sounds accurate to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 28,173,289 times
Reputation: 7598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
This is pretty interesting. Now before San Antonio and Houston start to complain, this is in terms of percentage, not numeric. But WOW. Look at Dallas at 11+ MIL

The 10 U.S. Cities Set To See Their Populations Boom: Report
Houston had a higher percentage AND numerical growth than ATL and DFW so I don't see why it is not on the list. Houston's % growth last decade was 25%, DFW was 22%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 AM
 
346 posts, read 842,007 times
Reputation: 294
Not surprised to see Dallas and Austin listed. Two great places to live there. I could probably be very happy in either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 02:19 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,955 posts, read 2,732,352 times
Reputation: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Houston had a higher percentage AND numerical growth than ATL and DFW so I don't see why it is not on the list. Houston's % growth last decade was 25%, DFW was 22%
Did you read the article? If you did, you might have looked at the study and not just the pretty pictures. The study also lists the growth in the economies of every metro area in the country. San Jose, Ca is booming faster than China is lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 AM
 
Location: North West Northern Ireland.
20,695 posts, read 19,523,620 times
Reputation: 3107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Houston had a higher percentage AND numerical growth than ATL and DFW so I don't see why it is not on the list. Houston's % growth last decade was 25%, DFW was 22%
Be happy that its not on the list. Who wants to live in an overpopulated area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 05:01 AM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,620 posts, read 11,673,911 times
Reputation: 6603
I still don't get why anyone would move to Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Limbo
6,475 posts, read 6,186,999 times
Reputation: 6239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I still don't get why anyone would move to Las Vegas.
That is something we will never know.

In fact, there is not one city on that list I would enjoy living in. Not now, and definitely not in 2040.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Boston Metrowest (via the Philly area)
4,459 posts, read 7,525,289 times
Reputation: 4347
It appears many (if not all) of these cities have had a hard enough time accommodating (in terms of infrastructure, land-use planning, natural resources, etc.) the growth that they have experienced in the past few decades.

If these projections are correct, they're really going to have to come up with some creative solutions (and large amounts of capital improvement funding) to accommodate at least three more decades of similar growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Burlington, Colorado
347 posts, read 717,226 times
Reputation: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
It appears many (if not all) of these cities have had a hard enough time accommodating (in terms of infrastructure, land-use planning, natural resources, etc.) the growth that they have experienced in the past few decades.

If these projections are correct, they're really going to have to come up with some creative solutions (and large amounts of capital improvement funding) to accommodate at least three more decades of similar growth.
Bingo. Especially water. To think we know what Phoenix will look like in 30 years is crazy, lest we not forget, Detroit metro was the Phoenix metro of 50 years ago... despite white flight issues, bet noone saw current day Detroit metro in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top