U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,347,040 times

Advertisements

Asbury Park will probably turn into one of these sometime in the next decade, the crime is already lowering each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,213,000 times
Portlandia, your 15 minutes are up. Long live Pittsburgh - The Style Blog - The Washington Post

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM

434 posts, read 1,012,821 times
The AFC North cities:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Pittsburgh

Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,395,131 times
This is a great post!! Sacramento California really should be a hot spot than is is but is kind of lost in the mix after LA and San Fran varied climate, close to the ocean and the mountains, diverse population. Richmond and Nashville could be contenders... Richmond still has that gritty feel somewhat, it is curious that it hasn't grown like virtually every other city around it, and was actually quite a bit larger in the 70's and 80's. Nashville absolutely could be a hot spot, but for now is somewhate overlooked for Atlanta/Charlotte/Raleigh it's country heritage could be it's blessing and curse, people just arent aware there is more there than country music, also landlocked and will absoulutely lose to the states with water at the edge, Most notably GA and NC, but at least the mountains are close, Nashville is poised to grow.

If I had to bet I agree that Pittsburgh is due for a population run (As long as potential new residents don't mind harsher winters) And I co-sign that Oklahoma city is more than it would seem. But maybe it's too close to DFW, and we'll always be kind of overlooked?

Sacramento, OKC, and Nashville and Pittsburgh are my final answers.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,217,417 times
Charleston, SC is setting itself up for the next hot spot of this century

Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM

23,089 posts, read 35,044,432 times
Belize City, Belize.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM

7,742 posts, read 6,146,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwalk View Post
The AFC North cities:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
I hope you're right. BTW, GO RAVENS!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM

42 posts, read 31,774 times
I'm tired of all these foreigners moving to the northwest.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 AM

104 posts, read 224,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I recently read a blog by an urban studies guru who said that the vibe in Pittsburgh today reminds him of the vibe in Seattle in the 1980's. In other words, Pittsburgh is beginning to accelerate away from the calamities in its past. The general attitude is more youthful, upbeat, innovative and progressive than before, and most of the socioeconomic trends have become highly positive. I don't know that Pittsburgh will produce a company as large or as influential as Microsoft, or put its signature on rock music the way Seattle has, but I do agree that the vibe in Pittsburgh has become markedly more positive in recent years.
Personally, I've never visited, but I have heard the hype. But just for the sake of counter-argument, read this guy's post on Pittsburgh:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/rhode...ittsburgh.html

Granted, he's comparing it to Providence, but still some interesting insights. Enough to scare me away... At least until I can see it for myself.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM

104 posts, read 224,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchDown View Post
I'm tired of all these foreigners moving to the northwest.
By foreigners, I guess you're using a cute term for people from other parts of the country, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.