U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
1,356 posts, read 2,294,723 times
Reputation: 605

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
The first part that you said is correct.

The city has 545,852 people while the metro has 887,077 people.
Actually, you're wrong.

Albuquerque has a city population of 552,804 and a metro population of 916,883.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2012, 05:36 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
So it's pretty much just like El Paso...
But I would say El Paso brings it to a different level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Actually, you're wrong.

Albuquerque has a city population of 552,804 and a metro population of 916,883.
The United States Census Bureau say's otherwise:

http://www.census.gov/population/www...-t/CPH-T-2.pdf

Albuquerque (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Since the census is only taken every ten years only official numbers matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
1,356 posts, read 2,294,723 times
Reputation: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
But I would say El Paso brings it to a different level.



The United States Census Bureau say's otherwise:

http://www.census.gov/population/www...-t/CPH-T-2.pdf

Albuquerque (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Since the census is only taken every ten years only official numbers matter.
If you expect the population to stay the same for 10 years, ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
But I would say El Paso brings it to a different level.
I meant population wise.

They're virutually the exact same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 7,168,190 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Indianapolis.
For a city with almost a million people it gets no attention other than the Colts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
For a city with almost a million people it gets no attention other than the Colts.
And then there's the Pacers..... the Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Indy 500/Brickyard 400.... the home of the NCAA..... host of several major sporting events including what I just metioned along with Final Fours (both Men's and Women's), B1G Football and basketball championships, Super Bowl XLVI with more to come according to the ESPN personel that constantly kissed the city's butt the whole time.....

I really don't think Indy is as ignored as some of you are making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 7,168,190 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And then there's the Pacers..... the Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Indy 500/Brickyard 400.... the home of the NCAA..... host of several major sporting events including what I just metioned along with Final Fours (both Men's and Women's), B1G Football and basketball championships, Super Bowl XLVI with more to come according to the ESPN personel that constantly kissed the city's butt the whole time.....

I really don't think Indy is as ignored as some of you are making it.
Well if you're into sports then yeah it does get some attention but outside of that........ it's rarely mentioned.

No knock to Indy b/c It's underrated IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Well if you're into sports then yeah it does get some attention but outside of that........ it's rarely mentioned.

No knock to Indy b/c It's underrated IMO.
You really don't have to be that much into sports, but it's because of sports (which is a major part of our nation's culture regardless of people liking it or not) is at least talked about more than just every once and a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 07:08 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I meant population wise.

They're virutually the exact same.
I was commenting on how El Paso has a larger percentage of the anchor city as part of the metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 7,168,190 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You really don't have to be that much into sports, but it's because of sports (which is a major part of our nation's culture regardless of people liking it or not) is at least talked about more than just every once and a while.


What I mean is for a city its size, while it does get a decent amout of exposure, doen't get nearly as much attention and some smaller cities.

Now Jacksonville FLA OTH is like the bastard stepchild in Florida (thats obese)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top