Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:04 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,509,186 times

Advertisements

TC,

It is really ashame because I fear for my 2 year old. We have tried asking them nicely not to feed the bears and she refuses. She had the bear in her garage last year and they just do not get it. They have no garbage pick up either, so it leads to other thoughts. I found out that the Conversation Department is very strict on that. I have had close encounters due to the constant feeding.

Having someone look in your windows for the purpose of intent, continually all day long is very disturbing. It violates the very privacy that we are allowed in our own homes.

I think it boils down to having respect and compassion for others' rights. I would never think of doing that to anyone because I know it's wrong. Here in PA it is considered Disorderly Conduct and then the charges can escalate.

So, I would have to agree that there is nothing funny about weird neighbors especially when you are trying to do the right thing and raise a family. This, unfortunately has been our first experience, but hopefully the last.

Things will get better.

The Hat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 AM

996 posts, read 3,263,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
TC,

I found out that the Conversation Department is very strict on that.
"Conversation" Department? That must be a fun job! I didn't know we had anything like that around here.

I think it is actually called the Game Commission.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:51 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,509,186 times
LOL, Greentown, you are right!

I had not had the second cup of java but it is the Game Commission and their office is in Hawley, I believe....thanks for the correction!!
The Hat

Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM

996 posts, read 3,263,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
LOL, Greentown, you are right!

I had not had the second cup of java but it is the Game Commission and their office is in Hawley, I believe....thanks for the correction!!
The Hat
I probably only caught it because I have had three cups already today!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,197,880 times
My neighbors aren't weird, but they're stupid. 4 acres with the closest neighbor 2 acres away is for what I'm searching. Even more acres would be great!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,832,379 times
I do not really need a large lot but this reminds me of why I'll be looking for a wide lot when I buy a home next time.
Right now my neighbors are alright. That has not been the case everywhere I've lived. One of the reasons we moved last time was to get away from all the nosey neighbors.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,431,941 times
Only problem I have with my neighbors is they're so annoying and loud! Everything they do involves noise and I don't think they could be quiet if they tried to learn to. But that's just most city people I suppose,and once again I must mention how much I hate the city and love the country

Old 10-05-2007, 10:02 PM

95 posts, read 1,292,371 times
Where do I start. Let's see what about our neighbor who parked his car across the street in front of our drive so that we could not back our car out? That's a good place. He did this for aggravation and would not move his vehicle until we called the cops. He did this at least 4 or 5 times until the cop told him that he was taking him to jail the next time he did this. The guy and his family finally moved and the new family did some construction work and left a pile of wet concrete at our drive way. We drove through it coming home from work because we did not see it and tracked wet concrete all over the drive and garage. It got on our cars, too. The street was and is a mess. Oh, but what takes it is the guy on the other side of us who only lived there 4 months and moved. A few weeks ago, an agent from the U.S. Department of the Treasury knocked on our door to ask us questions. Apparently, the guy was a suspected terrorist. Check it out!!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:12 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,165,975 times
My crazy neighbor finally moved, Yippee. We built our house next door to a little old lady (ok she isnt that old maybe 67) who's husband had just passed away, so at first we thought she was still upset so that is why she is acting odd. Well about 2 years after we completed the house and moved in, my husband is out mowing the yard and she brings out this big picture album, it is all pictures of our house. She took pictures of our house every day durning construction for 6 months. Anyway he is thinking she saved it for us and is now going to give it to him, WRONG, she is keeping it for herself (not such a big deal but odd).

Well then last year she starts telling my husband that she sees our little Boston terrier and our basset hound walking on top of the fence. My husband tries to tell her that there is no way this is possible because our basset hound died the previous year and the Boston terrier is always in the house. She then says that they both "talk to her" ha ha wtf.
Anyway she moved to Oklahoma, maybe someone else's dogs will "talk to her".

Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,923,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Well then last year she starts telling my husband that she sees our little Boston terrier and our basset hound walking on top of the fence. My husband tries to tell her that there is no way this is possible because our basset hound died the previous year and the Boston terrier is always in the house. She then says that they both "talk to her" ha ha wtf.
Actually, it doesn't sound too funny. She sounds ill, which also doesn't necessarily that she's "crazy." It's very possible that she has an illness that could include demensia. The illness, as well as some of the meds, cause hallucinations. In view of her age it's possible that she's in the beginning stages of such a thing, which isn't a funny thing for her or her family to go through.

Perhaps that's why she moved away. I would hope she moved closer to family where she could receive the proper care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.