U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,812,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Well...neither dc nor Maryland are southern so that would follow suit.
Totally Grade A 100% Purist BS...........

Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
I think it's funny though that 'Southern' has become a very exclusive region while 'Northern' on these forums just seems to mean "Well you aren't southern. Better chuck you in this other group." People act like 'Northern' is only defined by the lack of southern culture. We always talk about sweet tea and grit lines. Where is the pierogi line? The maple syrup line?
I can never understand for the life of me as to why a lot of southerners have sooo much HATE towards the state of Maryland to the point of denying the state of being a southern state.....

Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,490,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Once again Opinions which will Never Dictate into removing the FACT that Maryland is a Southern State......
I guess you forgot the FACT the Maryland was never a Confederate state and the FACT that the Mason-Dixon line wasn't created to be a cultural divide between the North and the South.
I think mostly everyone agrees Maryland is part of the Mid-Atlantic region.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe i'm wrong...hell it wouldn't be the first time and probably won't be the last. I've just never personally been a fan of the northeast so I always feel like I look for the bad qualities. Once you get into DC and on up the coast I feel like it just gets worse and worse. I just feel like once you get into the meat of the boswash corridor that it just gets more and more cold. I just don't feel that in the south. To me once you start getting out of the NOVA suburbs people just seem to get nicer. I've always used the gas stations in an area as a litmus test. I mean...obviously gas station employees aren't in six figure jobs...they probably are low(er) on the socioeconomic totem pole and they (usually) aren't transplanted residents. I've always felt like these people are the real gauge for an area...and the attendants i've dealt with outside of the DC suburbs are much nicer than those i've encoutnered up throughout the northeast. That being said...my random sample of gas station employees, from NYC on down into DC through Roanoke...home in Brisol, VA and further south down 81, through Chatt and into ATL and further, seem to become MUCH more hospitable and friendly beyond DC.

But again...all IMO and without and real merit...just one guys experiences.
hospitable and friendly?????

I am sorry but arguing and disrespecting people that accepts the Fact that Maryland and DC is in the South does not equate to Friendliness and Hospitality.....

Disrespect and Biased Hate should never ever be defined as being Friendly and Hospitable.....

Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,799,578 times
Quote:
Totally Grade A 100% Purist BS...........
I've tried to reason with this kid in the past...I think he has Tourette's or something. The only thing I can be certain of about this kid is that he loves being a northeasterner. When I think of a diehard Yankee...I think of this kid. I'll bet he sits in his bedroom at night and romances over joe torre pictures...you know, because Torre managed the YANKEES and all.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I guess you forgot the FACT the Maryland was never a Confederate state and the FACT that the Mason-Dixon line wasn't created to be a cultural divide between the North and the South.
I think mostly everyone agrees Maryland is part of the Mid-Atlantic region.
Ya know I really have a Hard time believing that you are originally from PA because people from PA/NJ have the common knowledge and lack arrogance to understand and accept the state of Maryland as a Southern State......

It is usually people from the deep south that get offensive whenever they hear someone say that Maryland is a Southern state as if Maryland is some rotten crap hole of the United States that is not worthy of being part of the south.......

I swear Maryland has got to be the Most Criticized and/or Hated state among a lot of southerners.......

Last edited by $mk8795; 09-05-2012 at 11:47 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I've tried to reason with this kid in the past...I think he has Tourette's or something. The only thing I can be certain of about this kid is that he loves being a northeasterner. When I think of a diehard Yankee...I think of this kid. I'll bet he sits in his bedroom at night and romances over joe torre pictures...you know, because Torre managed the YANKEES and all.
Why do you have soo much Venom of Hate towards Maryland and the people that accepts Maryland as Southern State?????????

I mean you act as if Maryland is Black Sheep of the United States by acting like it is beneath Humanity to accept Maryland as a Southern State..........

Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,799,578 times
Quote:
Why do you have soo much Venom of Hate towards Maryland and the people that accepts Maryland as Southern State?????????

I mean you act as if Maryland is Black Sheep of the United States by acting like it is beneath Humanity to accept Maryland as a Southern State..........
Dude.......did you just send me a private message asking if we could go on a gay date in the northeast? I know you love being a northeasterner but i don't roll that way. That's cool that you consider Maryland the northeast though. I think the rest of us do to.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
OK, ummmm just how in the heck do es that equate me to a yankee when I have NEVER Claimed the State of Maryland as being a Northern State??????????

Wouldn't that make me a Southern Purist by accepting Maryland as a Southern State??????????:conf used::conf used:

Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Dude.......did you just send me a private message asking if we could go on a gay date in the northeast? I know you love being a northeasterner but i don't roll that way. That's cool that you consider Maryland the northeast though. I think the rest of us do to.
Do you have Solid Evidence????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or