U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM

4,037 posts, read 8,097,661 times

Advertisements

Huh? Whatever happened to live and let live? What do you care how someone is dressed? Some of y'all sound judgemental and sanctimonious if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM

425 posts, read 287,002 times
Not all of them are suburban kids from MN or whatever.

A lot are people who actually grew up inner city (namely Rust Belt cities like Cleveland, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Detroit, etc.) who go to other cities because of better opportunity.

Theyre essentially robbed of that kind of lifestyle in their hometowns.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 7 days ago)

12,223 posts, read 10,466,899 times
It's trendy to bag on hipsters these days, but I'll take them over rednecks, yuppies, ghetto trash and popped-collar douchebags any time.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,579,653 times
I find most of them to be fairly nice and I agree they're harmless, yet I still cringe inside when I see a gaggle of them. I think it's more the fashion/lifestyle affectations that are blatently impractical that I find most annoying. Things like bicycles with no brakes on busy city streets (stupid and dangerous) to wool hats on warm days to nut-crushingly tight pants that absolutely can not be comfortable unless one is hung like a chickpea.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,346,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's trendy to bag on hipsters these days, but I'll take them over rednecks, yuppies, ghetto trash and popped-collar douchebags any time.
Amen.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,346,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
I find most of them to be fairly nice and I agree they're harmless, yet I still cringe inside when I see a gaggle of them. I think it's more the fashion/lifestyle affectations that are blatently impractical that I find most annoying. Things like bicycles with no brakes on busy city streets (stupid and dangerous) to wool hats on warm days to nut-crushingly tight pants that absolutely can not be comfortable unless one is hung like a chickpea.
You are the "Hallelujiah" to my previous "amen"! This post mirrors my viewpoint to a 'T'!!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM

48,493 posts, read 45,684,834 times
I've never had many issues from hipsters. Of course some have annoyed me, but not all of them. I've had relatively few problems from hipsters. I don't know if this is because I'm the "nerdy" Black guy type, but I have had more problems from rednecks, and ghetto "thug wannabes". I've never been assaulted or harmed by a hipster. I've been assaulted,beaten up and even robbed by persons of the other two subcultures I mentioned.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM

578 posts, read 893,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
For me, every drop-out hipster represents one more of the younger generation that isn't going to be taking my job from me as I continue to get older.
Don't get to comfortable most hipsters round here are college educated people. So they very well could take your job. They are a trillion times better than having gang bangers around. They are artistic kids who are expressing themselves

Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 AM

5,847 posts, read 11,053,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Don't get to comfortable most hipsters round here are college educated people. So they very well could take your job. They are a trillion times better than having gang bangers around. They are artistic kids who are expressing themselves
I'll give you most of that... except I'm not seeing anything really creative coming out of these "artistic" types.. Most of the "creative" stuff I see and here is regurgitated swill and rip offs.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM

22,349 posts, read 32,269,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I'll give you most of that... except I'm not seeing anything really creative coming out of these "artistic" types.. Most of the "creative" stuff I see and here is regurgitated swill and rip offs.

Well to fair they generally are able to get their local pubs to have pretty damn good beer lists or just the PBRs make me have fond memories childhood and my fathers cheap beer. Come to think of it he had mutten chops and drank PBR, hmmm.

Again on this topic, why are they really bothersome. Most are college educated and in general are cleaning up nabes. On the whole not a bad thing to me.

Plus mutten chops - like cow bell just never enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or