Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 AM

26,826 posts, read 43,300,897 times

Advertisements

Burlington VT could be a good option as would of course Denver or Salt Lake City. Others that come to mind that would offer less job opportunities but fit the mold otherwise are Boise ID, Colorado Springs CO, Fort Collins CO, Cheyenne/Laramie WY, Bozeman MT, Missoula MT and even Santa Fe NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 AM

404 posts, read 900,437 times
Thanks to whoever said I can do better than NC for snowboarding. I'd like to do better than anywhere on the east coast for that matter. I like the idea of Alaska, I'll definitely look into that. Montana is another one I didn't immediately think of.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note

Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,480,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
Thanks to whoever said I can do better than NC for snowboarding. I'd like to do better than anywhere on the east coast for that matter. I like the idea of Alaska, I'll definitely look into that. Montana is another one I didn't immediately think of.

Ill agree that North Carolina is probably one of the last places you will want to go with snowboarding as your primary requirement. But dont knock the whole east coast. northern NH, VT and Maine have some decent Mtns and are within 2-3 hours driving distance of boston which has a plethora of engineering jobs. Im not so sure about the job market out west or the distance of things, As I am sure the boarding is better out there, but dont rule out the North East completely.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,851,585 times
Boise would be an option because of the high tech & engineering industry and there is a ski mountain directly above the city (one of the nearest to a city in the USA) and has great night skiing and boarding, the lit up runs at night are easily visible from the valley. During the winter Boise is basically like a ski resort town, almost everyone here ski's or boards it seems. Sun Valley/Ketchum is another option, I know there is a large engineering corporation with offices in that area.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 PM

404 posts, read 900,437 times
Sorry but I'm definitely ruling out the entire east coast. I grew up in mass and lived in Maine for 5 years. You clearly haven't been skiing out west our aren't good enough to realize the difference.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM

27,262 posts, read 28,317,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
Sorry but I'm definitely ruling out the entire east coast.
So why didn't you say so in the OP? lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.