Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times

Advertisements

If you truly love where you live, but were forced to leave for some reason (job or relationship change, costs, economy, etc.) where would you hope to go and why? Would you look for similar amenities or a completely different lifestyle? Would you seize the opportunity to live in a city you have always wanted to try, or would you follow more practical thinking and choose one with the least disruption to your life? Which cities are better suited to your profession or cultural background?

For me, San Francisco is heaven. I have dreamed of living here all my life and I hope I spend the rest of it right here. Like all San Franciscans, though, I am aware that may not be possible, due primarily to high costs of living. If I were forced to leave SF, I would hope to go to:

1. LA - I love California and Californians. I'm originally from Houston, so I could adapt back to LA's lifestyle easily. I would also look at San Diego, but would expect job prospects to be low there for me.

2. NYC - I'm not as drawn to NY as some, but it is the hub of my profession (advertising), so it would be a good place to land. I have been to NY many times and do love the atmosphere. My SF city sense would serve me well there.

3. Denver - kind of a wild card here, I know, but I love the city vs. natural amenities and the fairly laid back/liberal vibe. Great sports town, too.

4. Seattle - staying on the west coast would be a plus and Seattle is such a beautiful place. It's one of the three or four places I dreamed of living when I was a kid, before I really knew all the practical considerations that go into choosing a place.

Last edited by dalparadise; 10-19-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
NYC all the way!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times
To be clear, I'm not asking for suggestions for myself. I'm hoping people will speculate as to where they would go if circumstances forced them to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.