Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times

Advertisements

For my birthday I received a National Parks Monopoly board where you can craft your own, placing 22 out of 105 national parks on the board, in lieu of the traditional properties.

I thought this would make a fun twist on an often discussed topic. So you have a Monopoly board, what 22 states do you place on a Monopoly board, and where!

Mine:
Mediterranean-Kentucky
Baltic-Texas
Oriental--Maine
West Virginia
Arkansas
New Hampshire
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Massachusetts
Montana
South Dakota
Idaho
Vermont
Arizona
Washington
New Mexico

Oregon
Utah
Colorado
Hawaii
California

Evaluating my list, I see that I have a definite predisposition towards terrain, dramatic rivers and ocean surroundings. This list could be altered, therefore, if I had ever seen western North Carolina or Virginia, for instance, which I haven't. Additionally, I've never been to Alaska, but it would very likely be in this list if I had. Texas is a case where I've only been in the western portion of the state, same is true for Idaho, which my travels have been concentrated in the Panhandle.

Last edited by mike0421; 04-23-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
You need to change your yellow font I cannot read anything that is typed in yellow.

The rest of it, honestly I would give it to my Grandsons and have them do all the placing for me. It would be fun for them, educational for them and a big surprise for me where the States were placed. Then I can ask them why they put each State where they did which should also bring some interesting reasons.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
For my birthday I received a National Parks Monopoly board where you can craft your own, placing 22 out of 105 national parks on the board, in lieu of the traditional properties.

I thought this would make a fun twist on an often discussed topic. So you have a Monopoly board, what 22 states do you place on a Monopoly board, and where!

Mine:
Mediterranean-Kentucky
Baltic-Texas
Oriental--Maine
West Virginia
Arkansas
New Hampshire
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Massachusetts
Montana
South Dakota
Idaho
Vermont
Arizona
Washington
New Mexico
Oregon
Utah
Colorado
Hawaii
California

Evaluating my list, I see that I have a definite predisposition towards terrain, dramatic rivers and ocean surroundings. This list could be altered, therefore, if I had ever seen western North Carolina or Virginia, for instance, which I haven't. Additionally, I've never been to Alaska, but it would very likely be in this list if I had. Texas is a case where I've only been in the western portion of the state, same is true for Idaho, which my travels have been concentrated in the Panhandle.

I was able to change it to black, I hope you don't mind. I do like the idea of the game though and would like to see one. Can you change it any time or once it is set it stays that way?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I was able to change it to black, I hope you don't mind. I do like the idea of the game though and would like to see one. Can you change it any time or once it is set it stays that way?

I think I have 90 minutes to alter it before it becomes final and cannot edit, but I think a moderator can always edit.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
c'mon dude - keep it NJ.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
c'mon dude - keep it NJ.
I tried to superimpose NJ for "Go To Jail" but thought better of it!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You need to change your yellow font I cannot read anything that is typed in yellow.
Any colored font (even white) can be read easily by selecting it with mouse pointer, the way you would if you were going to copy it. If it's also in a font style that is too small or hard to read (and if you really want to read it), you can select it, and then copy it to your notepad and read it there in a normal black default font. Keep Notepad in your quick-launch toolbar, for ready access and everyday use.

An easy Monopoly trivia question, how quick can you answer it: Of the Avenues named for states, which state is A) the largest, and B) the farthest west?

Spoiler
Illinois, to both questions

Last edited by jtur88; 04-24-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.