U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM

6,620 posts, read 11,662,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Nep, just move to florida, then that state can hear all your complaints...
He's not even complaining right now so don't stereotype him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM

8,964 posts, read 6,252,914 times
Fl!

Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM

3,895 posts, read 4,566,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Born and raised a New Englander. I could only live in FL for two months before packing everything I had as fast as I could and speeding back north. I don't want to start a huge fight with a bunch of southerners, but take it from me...living in FL is not nearly as fun as vacationing there.
Totally agree.
Flordia is nice to vacation too.
But to live there? HELL no.
Whats nice to vacation too may not be nice to live in. As vacationing you dont usually deal with the hidden drawbacks of a place.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Totally agree.
Flordia is nice to vacation too.
But to live there? HELL no.
Whats nice to vacation too may not be nice to live in. As vacationing you dont usually deal with the hidden drawbacks of a place.
Yeah it reminds me of when my dad vacationed in Puerto Rico and then had it in his head that he was gonna move there. Once he left the resort to look for places to live, he pretty much was in a ghetto war zone and came back to NY and has never returned since lol.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,929,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
He's not even complaining right now so don't stereotype him.

Clearly you are not aware of this posters post history. Its not a sterotype when its true.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Clearly you are not aware of this posters post history. Its not a sterotype when its true.
No need to bring his other posts into this thread. Others might find it helpful.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM

821 posts, read 1,253,531 times
Just like Connecticut, some parts of Florida are nicer than others. It's true Florida is mainly made up of transplants, but there some areas with a more stable population. Southeastern Florida is a haven for northeastern transplants and midwesterners flock to the west coast. Also the New England states vary greatly. Experiences in Maine would be different from experiences in Connecticut. I guess it depends on which part of CT the OP is from and where in FL he is thinking of moving to.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,747,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The bottom line is that moving between the regions is a tough adjustment either way. There are culture differences and various things you miss about your home region.
One thing that bothers a lot of New Englanders is Florida's transience. They often come from communities where family and friends have been there for generations...a rarity in Florida.
The ghetto areas of Florida aren't transient in the least though. You'll find plenty of native Black southerners in those areas.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Which area do you think is a better place to live overall? New England or Florida? I'm currently living in CT and contemplating a move to FL very soon. My only real concern is that I will get bored of having 1 season all year round. Not that I love the cold, but I think FL is more affordable and better for young single people. And I'm concerned that I might miss the quaintness and coziness of NE. So any experiences with moving from NE to FL are welcome to be discussed!
Most Southerners hate Florida as much as Northerners. As a matter of fact, the Southerners hate Florida because of all the Northerners, and the Northerners that live in Florida hate Florida because of all the Southerners(Yes there are still Southerners down there).

Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM

Much more crime and violence in Florida than in NE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.