U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich area you like more, San Diego or San Francisco?
San Diego Metropolitan Area 9 50.00%
San Francisco Bay Area 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 AM

1,954 posts, read 4,512,214 times

Advertisements

San Diego and SF are very different than Tampa.

San Diego and SF are also two of my favorite cities and I don't care much for Tampa.

If you're more into suburbs, well, they're pretty similar anywhere except for topography and climate. San Diego and SF both trump Tampa when it comes to those aspects. Although, the San Diego metro is semi-desert once you get away from the ocean so you might not like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,952 times
I currently live in the Tampa area, and lived in San Diego for 10 years. My hubby is in the Coast Guard and we were transferred here 3 years ago. I can tell you that this was a big disappointment for us, mostly because there's nothing to do, compare to the San Diego scene. I cannot speak about San Fran because I have only visited there, and even though I liked it a lot, I dont know how it is to live in, but for sure Tampa is a very different place.

With your age, you will definitely like either places much better than Tampa. I think this area is mostly for retired people. We were used to go to the bars in SD to go see the football games and all that and those places were packed, unlike here, with people from everywhere. There's a lot of diversity in SD and the people are very nice and friendly. Every day there's something new to do. And you are 2 hours away from the snow, the desert, the mountains, depending on which direction you want to take.
I think SD is great for young people, and I'm assuming San Fran is kind of like that, just a little colder. We are hoping to go back to Cali for his next unit. Florida is perfect for when I'm 65 probably, not before!

Hope this helps! And I agree with the other posts, if you have the chance, go visit before to see for yourself. The best time of the year to go if you like the heat, of course its summer, but anytime will be good except may or june that are the most cloudy and gloomy months. The rest of the year is very nice and sunny.

One more thing, dont expect to find the beaches you get here in Clearwater because these ones are only here. Pacific Ocean is freezing cold, and the sand is kind of dirty over there, is not white and fine as here. But you get surfing there if you are interested and tons of things to do by the beach!

Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,401,000 times
The answer to your question is NO, San Diego or San Francisco could not replace Tampa Bay as your favorite region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or