U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 AM

21,224 posts, read 30,452,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Are Dec, Jan, and Feb "blissful"? I thought they were cool and rainy (highs in the low-mid 50's)!
Nope.....Actually rather dry and sunny with highs in the 60s and lows around 40.

Savannah, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 AM

23 posts, read 38,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The summers are quite warm with highs in July and August around 90 , with very low humidity, however the lows drop down into the 50s at night so it does it least cool off.
That's not bad at all. If we want mild winters, I fully expect a bit of 90, but as long as it's not humid, I can handle that.

Man, I would just love to find an affordable 40-80 and sunny city. Keep dreaming, I know.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM

3,152 posts, read 3,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAirKids View Post

Man, I would just love to find an affordable 40-80 and sunny city. Keep dreaming, I know.
If only God had made more of that! Apparently he loves variety though!

Keep us posted!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM

254 posts, read 430,676 times
I moved to CO from MN/ND and it sounds like CO meets several of your criteria. I don't miss the bugs and humidity in the summer. The weather is MUCH milder than MN/WI but I still enjoy the four seasons (just not 6 months of winter.) It has been in the 70s here this week, that will change this weekend though, with snow forecast for the west and possibly the front range areas. Cost of living might be an issue for you, so I recommend you do some research regarding that.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM

23 posts, read 38,871 times
Man, I have been driving myself absolutely insane reading these forums! I've logged way too many hours trying to locate our "place". Why does trying to find happiness have to be such a crushingly huge decision? Yeah, because I have a young family to support, that's why.

Right now Fort Collins is at the top of the list if we can figure out a way to make it happen financially. Tricky on a single income, but we don't need fancy. A small place on the outskirts would play nicely once a job is found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or