Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times

Advertisements

Ok so that's 3 votes for Philly so far...could we possibly set another record aside from the most murders? We rule!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 02:24 PM

223 posts, read 604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Ok so that's 3 votes for Philly so far...could we possibly set another record aside from the most murders? We rule!
Hey, I'm in St. Louis, don't feel bad - we are known for making that murder list too. We just happen to be a little more picky about where we throw our trash...shooting people, thats fine but "don't you dare throw your fast food bag on the ground - or else....or else......we will shoot you! "

Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Hey, I'm in St. Louis, don't feel bad - we are known for making that murder list too. We just happen to be a little more picky about where we throw our trash...shooting people, thats fine but "don't you dare throw your fast food bag on the ground - or else....or else......we will shoot you! "
But at least when ya shoot em you don't leave em laying around like trash.....that's what the pine barrens are for

Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Nah they shoot for fun,not for justice here!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:08 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
But not nearly as bad as Phoenix.

The dirtiest/trashiest city Ive seen yet to date was outside of Houston somewhere. You couldnt walk 5 steps w/o steppin on garbage along the highway. This was many years back, I hope theyve taken care of that since then. Detroit had many filthy areas too, as did Nashville.
I thought you said you've never been down here?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by complexsimplicity View Post
I think any inner city neighborhood is a good place to dump trash. IMO, most people in that type of neighborhood could care less how it looks so why should anyone else.
No offense, but what a f****d up opinion. People in inner city communities want to live in nice, well taken care of neighborhoods just like everybody else. Believe it or not, some of the tackiest, nastiest people I have seen were from the suburbs.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
No offense, but what a f****d up opinion. People in inner city communities want to live in nice, well taken care of neighborhoods just like everybody else. Believe it or not, some of the tackiest, nastiest people I have seen were from the suburbs.
I'd have to agree with that,despite most of my city being dirty the neighborhood I'm currently in actually tries to have 'community spirit' and have clean up days etc.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times
The creek behind my business is called beaver creek, and although my guess is that beavers might have survived in it some years ago those days are gone, we removed about a ton of garbage from the creek 3 years ago when we first opened, tires, the rear seat from a car, cans busted beer bottles, wood in many forms - fence - window frames etc, styrafoam, manhole covers, a few bikes and this was just 180 feet of the creek, also the city uses this creek for its runoff from the road system. Its a dead creek now with only carp surviving. I find dead ducks in my parking lot throughout the year.
The sad thing is this creek flows past the court house where I see people leaning against the rail throwing their fast food drink cups into the creek, cigarettes wrappers etc. while their waiting for their court case to come up, lawyers walking by, cops.
The only clean up I see going on is on the interstate where they use prisioners to pick up trash regularly.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Well, I've seen pictures of the border with Mexico - tons and tons of trash left behind on the illegal immigrants' journey north - so that's got to be the worst, I would say. And, it's gross stuff - human feces, dirty diapers, condoms, etc. Blech. Not to mention, it's likely to be on someone's private property.

I live near and work in Boston, and it's pretty trashy. I always want to say something to people who throw things on the ground, who make their own city an ashtray or a garbage can - digusting. But, I might be killed.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
tons and tons of trash left behind on the illegal immigrants' journey north - so that's got to be the worst, I would say. And, it's gross stuff - human feces, dirty diapers, condoms, etc. Blech.
So what you are saying is it looks a lot like where they are coming from.

Maybe that is why people are fleeing LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.