U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 AM

7,384 posts, read 13,252,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I thought the Tri-Cities has a substantial amount of poverty and lower educational attainment? That is what the Census Bureau states unless the ground truth is that much different.
Edit: That must be for the agricultural areas just outside of the Tri-Cities itself.
Kennewick especially has been a boomberg the last several years. Its been said more than a couple times that Kennewick/Tri-Cities had the healthiest economy in WA (Heck, I remember even reading something about best city for employment in the Nation). Its been rated "best place to raise a family" more than several times (BIL who lives there now says the schools aren't too bad). Its very affordable to live there and COL is low (comparatively speaking). And there are lots of educated people (Scientists, engineers, et. c) Because of Hanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM

56,756 posts, read 81,102,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I thought the Tri-Cities has a substantial amount of poverty and lower educational attainment? That is what the Census Bureau states unless the ground truth is that much different.
Edit: That must be for the agricultural areas just outside of the Tri-Cities itself.
Also add a high percentage of Hispanics. Pasco is about 60%, Kennewick is around 16-17%, but Richland is around only 5-6% or so. Yakima nearby is around 40-45% in that regard.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 11-25-2012 at 02:58 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM

56 posts, read 93,565 times
Oklahoma City - Oklahoma has 77 counties and every one has been red the last two elections.. Im not positive, but pretty sure that OKLA is the only state to be totally red (every county)..

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,119,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
That said, Evansville is probably a better match, other than the flatness. And having been to Indiana and Kentucky as well as Minneapolis but not Evansville, I'll say you're probably more likely to find "hardcore rednecks" there than near Minneapolis.
Southern Indiana, and Evansville, is not flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr1967 View Post
I lived in Indiana most of my life. No to Evansville. You wouldn't be happy there. You aren't racist, I totally get what you are asking and the reasons why. I've lived all over the US.
Evansville is not full of racists.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM

24,008 posts, read 32,877,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneDoe View Post
Just a fair warning, this thread can come off pretty bold but in all reality I know what I want and want to have like minded people around me. Precursor - I have nothing hard against the people I am bringing up in this post, I just know what I prefer and what Im more comfortable around. Im looking to move out of Sacramento / San Fran CA area. There is a pretty big list of likes and dislikes so I will just list them and see what jumps into peoples mind as a possible location to move. The one thing that is really important is I want the area / state to be a Conservative state for the most part.

This list is not in any particular order

Noticeable Seasons (Snow in the winter is not required but would be nice)
Stable economy
Modern / well layed out area
A moderate sized city within 10-20 miles
Warm Summers
Low Humidity
Good house market for buyers
Water nearby
Clean air
Outdoor activities
Non Denominational Christian Community

Dislikes:
Flat
Constant rain
Big cities
Smog / Polution
Dirty / Run down areas
High Hispanic / Black population
*Hardcore Red Necks / Hicks
Extreme cultures
Payed Parking
Heavy Trafic

*Im not saying this to put anyone down, you could call me a Bible Thumper and I am ok with that. Im saying this just to get my point across rather than be exactly PC about it.

So what comes to mind ladies and gents?
Nebraska.
Southern Illinois.
Iowa.
Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or