U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM

983 posts, read 1,432,743 times

Advertisements

It's always fun to read other people's opinion of my state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM

20,871 posts, read 36,023,332 times
The list is a joke. It only ranked rural states higher because of "low population density."

Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM

21,698 posts, read 23,713,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
It's always fun to read other people's opinion of my state.
This exactly!

I haven't lived or even traveled in most of these states so I was interested in hearing other people's opinions who are familiar with them. I always pay attention to those who actually have experience spending time in different places. So many times people who have never been to my state or city will make all sorts of comments simply based upon what they have either heard or read about them.

I am ofen amazed at the conclusions they make based on second hand information.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,389,506 times
It reads like it was written by school children whose mommies and daddies are Tea Party nuts. Not to be taken seriously at any level.. In fact, it's a blog from one member of a forum dedicated to Economic Collapse and Impending Doom, who is afraid to live near an earthquake fault that has been dormant for 200 years, or to any state where anybody named Clinton has ever lived. Quick, forward this as a chain e-mail to all the haters in your address book.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-26-2012 at 09:47 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM

5,265 posts, read 14,919,014 times
Very obviously a list compiled by a far-right propaganda group. "Barack Obama", "Joe Biden", and "The Clintons" listed as a negatives for Illinois, Delaware, and Arkansas respectively.... "Political correctness" listed as a negative for most states that lean democratic. Such a joke.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,660,212 times
Translation for the people mindlessly bashing the link....... "my state wasn't ranked where I want it to so I will stomp my feet and cry that it isn't fair because I am a spoiled little child"

There, do you folks feel better?

The best state to live, in my opinion, is Texas, followed by California and Arizona

Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Translation for the people mindlessly bashing the link....... "my state wasn't ranked where I want it to so I will stomp my feet and cry that it isn't fair because I am a spoiled little child"

There, do you folks feel better?

The best state to live, in my opinion, is Texas, followed by California and Arizona
That's great for you........ doesn't mean that the list isn't a joke and based off ridiculous criteria that is completely based off the "journalist's" personal preferences/ideology...or that people who are calling it out for the joke that it is are "spoiled little children". Seriously?

Last edited by just_sayin'; 11-28-2012 at 07:36 PM..

Old 11-28-2012, 07:21 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,696,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Pros: it is in better shape than Illinois, good farming, high Amish population
Cons: drought, tornadoes, the city of Gary, relatively high population density, near the New Madrid fault zone, a "rust belt" state
Overall Rating: C-

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH is in better shape than Illinois.
haha this just MADE my day!
Also the city of Gary Indiana doesnt care for.
Give Northwest Indiana back to Chicago/Illinois and Indianapolis will continue to drive our successful state forward.

Oh jesus i cant stop laughing here.
I'm not trying to be a douche, but is there any other state besides Indiana you'd consider living in?

Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,660,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
That's great for you........ doesn't mean that the list isn't a joke and based off ridiculous criteria that is completely based off the "journalist's" personal preferences/ideology...or that people who are calling it out for the joke that it is are "spoiled little children". Seriously?
Everything you post on here is heresay or opinion as well..... why should we take you seriously? The over the top crybaby remarks needed to be called out. I am sure if NY was listed at the top you would be crowing about how it was the best list ever

Basically, you made my point for me.....thanks

Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Everything you post on here is heresay or opinion as well..... why should we take you seriously? The over the top crybaby remarks needed to be called out. I am sure if NY was listed at the top you would be crowing about how it was the best list ever

Basically, you made my point for me.....thanks
Not even close.

I actually despise NY as a state overall, at least the way it's run. But go ahead, keep generalizing and making personal attacks without knowing what you are actually talking about. Proves my point for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or